Top Ten Books of 2022

 


2022 has been a banner year for books. So many great reads have released this year, making it hard to narrow the list down to ten. Yet I have endeavored to do just that. So here we have it; ten books I adored in 2022!



The Bride of Blackfriar’s Lane

by Michelle Griep


Michelle Griep’s books are always a delight, and I love her Kit and Jackson books. Griep’s immense talent at bringing the world of Victorian England to life combine with high adventure to create something truly magical. Reading about Kit and Jackson’s zany trip to the altar was a total blast.



A Heart Adrift

by Laura Frantz


The Colonial Era is painted beautifully in this lovely book by beloved author Laura Frantz. This tender love story is achingly told and just as sweet as the chocolates the heroine is known for.




All That Fills Us

by Autumn Lytle


Autumn Lytle’s debut is a raw, beautifully written story of a woman’s journey to overcome anorexia as she hikes across America. It was such an engrossing read that truly resonated with me. I can’t wait to see what Autumn Lytle writes next!




The Key to Deceit

by Ashley Weaver


Ashley Weaver is the master at vintage mystery. I adore her Electra McDonnell mysteries set in WWII London. Ellie is such a fun and spunky heroine. This latest installment was completely satisfying with a total surprise ending. I can’t wait for more!




Holding the Line

by Jennifer Delamere


A heartwarming and cozy romance, I enjoyed every moment of this Victorian novel. Rose and John were my favorite types of characters–smart, thoughtful, and completely bookish, and I loved reading as their story unfolded.




The Lost Melody

by Joanna Davidson Politano


Joanna Davidson Politano has swiftly become a favorite author of mine and I am always eager to get my hands on her books. The Lost Melody has been my favorite book by her so far. The deliciously atmospheric Victorian tale with its Gothic flair hooked me from the beginning. The sensitive issue of life in 19th Century asylums is handled with respect and leaves the reader with a sense of hope.




Where the Last Rose Blooms

by Ashley Clark


Ashley Clark’s Heirloom Secrets series has been so marvelous. There is a sentimentality to these books that I simply love. I have loved every book in the series, and Where the Last Rose Blooms was a stunning conclusion to the series. The writing is lyrical and the plot is spot on.




When the Day Comes

by Gabrielle Meyer


This book was one of those stories that was so hard for me to put down. I loved Libby and reading about her life as a time-traveler between the Colonial era and the Gilded Age was completely engrossing. I was kept guessing throughout the entire book, and this story has lingered with me long after I turned the last page.




Shadowed Loyalty

by Roseanna M. White


If you have spent any time at all around me or my blog, then you probably already know how much I love the 1920s; it’s my favorite era. You also probably know what a fan I am of Roseanna M. White. So when I learned she was releasing a story set in the Roaring Twenties, I was all kinds of excited. And Shadowed Loyalty did not disappoint. Roseanna’s talent with the written word and her keen eye for historical detail make this a book I absolutely loved.




The Blackout Book Club

by Amy Lynn Green


There was nothing about this book that I did not love. The setting, the plot, it was all wonderful, yet the characters are what made it for me. Each woman is so different, yet they form friendships over a shared love of books, as well as a common goal in supporting their loved ones and their community in a time of war.


Have you read any of the books on this list? What did you think? What were some of your favorite books this year? I’d love to hear about them! 


–Miranda Atchley


Comments

Popular Posts