Book Of The Week #5- Little Women

Little Women
by Louisa May Alcott
    It's time for another one of my favorite classics! This is a book that has stood the test of time and just about everyone knows it.
    Little Women is the story of the four March sisters, pretty Meg, tomboy and aspiring author Jo, naive Amy, and sweet Beth. It takes place in the late 1800's during the civil war. Their father is a soldier in the war and their mother, whom the girls affectionately call Marmee, is left to take care of them on her own with a little help from Aunt March until Mr. March comes home during Christmas. Their neighbor, Mr. Laurence's, grandson Laurie moves in with him. The talented and smart Laurie falls for Jo, but Jo.... well, I won't spoil the surprise.
   This is one of the only books I can ever remember reading in one day. I just tore through it the first time I checked it out from the library. Most people who know me know I love historical fiction and Little Women is no exception. How can you not love it? It has a little bit of everything; history, romance, humor, and heartbreak. It's one of those books that will make you laugh and cry (really cry).
Little Women is a classic that's been passed down for years and I have a feeling people will continue pass it on for years to come.

I give this book a 5 out 5

Comments

Popular Posts