First Line Fridays: Once Upon A Prince




Happy Friday readers and friends! I hope you’ve all had a good week. It’s so hard to believe that it’s already April. Time really flies. Anyway, since it’s Friday, I’m participating in First Line Fridays, hosted by Hoarding Books.

My current read is Once Upon A Prince by Rachel Hauck. The first line goes like this:

What did he say? The storm gusts moving over the Atlantic must have garbled his words.

I’ll admit that I picked this book up from the library after seeing it go around on social media quite a bit lately in light of the Hallmark movie based on the book, which premiers this Saturday. And while contemporary romance isn’t my favorite genre, I have been liking this book. I like the royal theme, which lends a fairy tale like quality to the book.

So what’s the first line of your current read? I’d love to hear about it!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. Happy Friday! The book I'm highlighting on my blog is The Mistress of Rosemere by Sarah Ladd. I will share here the first line of Chapter 11, which I'm currently reading. "A flurry of activity swirled in the recovering Rosemere." Wishing you a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Intriguing first line! Thanks for stopping by Annelise! :-)

      Delete
  2. I loved this book!

    Happy Friday!

    Today on my blog, I am sharing the first line from Rachael Anderson's newest Regency novel, My Sister's Intended. It's an excellent book I highly recommend. Here I will share the first three lines from the novel I'm currently reading, Not Abandoned by MacKenzie Morganthal.

    "It was a prison like none other. With boarded windows and a tall fence, I'd almost forgotten what it looked like outside. The bars that caged me in were strong, but not as strong as the bars I'd put up around my heart."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it, too, Nicole! What a powerful line you shared! Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  3. I've been sharing the same book going around since I'm re-reading it right now (getting ready to see it as a Hallmark movie this weekend). So I'll just share the one that is on my blog for today its from A Sparrow in Terezin by Kristy Cambron- "The last thing a bride needs to fret over on her wedding day is whether the ceremony will take place." Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved A Sparrow in Terezin! Kristy Cambron is one of my favorite authors. Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  4. LOVED Rachel's book! Happy Friday! My first line is from Joel C. Rosenberg’s book The Kremlin Conspiracy, which my husband grabbed from me and read first:

    “Louisa Sherbatov had just turned six, but she would never turn seven.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good book, Becky! Thank you for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to see this film! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoyed the movie! Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  6. I read the final book in this series and would love to get my hands on the others as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one was pretty good! I'd like to read the others someday. Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts