Top Ten Tuesday: Best Books of 2018





Today’s topic: Best Books I Read in 2018

Making lists of my favorite books read throughout the year is always difficult for me. It’s so hard to choose which books to feature, because there are just so many great books out there! This year was no different, but I narrowed down a list full of wonderful reads that I loved and that I would recommend to anyone.



I don’t know that a book could have a more stunning backdrop than a train ride through the Pacific Northwest in fall. This short and sweet romance is just the thing to curl up with on a rainy day.



This was such an enjoyable devotion. I love all things Jane Austen, which is what caught my attention. Yet this book is not about Jane; rather her life and written prayers are used as examples. I really liked the congenial style in which the book is written. It’s perfect for not only Janites, but anyone looking for a cozy devotional to read each day.



Marvelous read! I love the mystery, the setting, and the references to classic literature, but Hamish and Reggie are what stole my heart. They’re just lovely, endearing characters and I am so looking forward to revisiting them in the next book!



I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. Of course, when I found it, I thought it seemed like something I would enjoy, but I hadn’t expected it to be a 5-star read for me. It really kept me guessing and I couldn’t wait to see what would happen next. The characters were lovely, as well.



This was a great book. It’s one of my favorite Julie Klassen novels. I love the setting of a small village in Regency England and it reminded me a lot of Cranford. All the characters were charming. It was an all-around great read.



To sum up this novel in one word: cute. Light, sweet, and charming, it was just the pick-me-up I needed.



This is by far my favorite novel by Sarah Sundin to date. I loved the characters and enjoyed getting to know them, and I loved the English setting. Can’t wait for more in this series!



Liz Johnson’s newest offering was a fun and lovely start to a new series that I am so excited about. I loved the bookish couple, Millie and Ben, and found their adventures a treat to read about. There was suspense and a mystery that gently unfolded, a beautiful château, and snippets from a journal from the 1920s. When I heard about this book I knew it sounded right up my alley, and it did not disappoint.



I loved this book! It was such a nice Christmas story that I hated to see end. Great characters, a lovely plot, and a fantastic setting made for the perfect read.



The cat’s meow! I absolutely loved this book. The Roaring ‘20s is one of my favorite time periods and I loved Marjorie and her friends. I loved the message of grace portrayed in this fun book. Such a great book.



This is definitely my favorite book by Roseanna M. White. Like most other readers, I thought Peter was one of the best heroes I’ve read about in a while. But I also really like Rosemary. And the story itself is just really lovely. I love the message of hope and mercy portrayed in each book of the Shadows Over England series and I found Rosemary’s salvation story to be very beautifully written.



Of all the books I read by Jen Turano this year, it was hard to choose just one for my top ten list. But this one was just extra special to me. Arabella was such a lovely heroine that I could relate so much to. Jen Turano has carved a spot on not only my list of favorite authors, but also as one of the best authors in Christian fiction.

And there you have my top ten books of 2018. What were some of your favorite books from this past year?

Wishing you a happy New Year filled with great books!

–Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. Such a fun list, and such an honor to be included!! Thank you so much for featuring Where Trains Collide and sharing such sweet words. ♥ *big, grateful hug* The other books on your list look great! I picked up a copy of Across the Blue at Goodwill this past fall, and I'm excited to see you loved it! And I really need to finish A Name Unknown at some point. :)

    Hope you have an awesome reading/publishing year, friend!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure, Amber! I loved Where Trains Collide and look forward to reading more of your stories in the future. I hope you enjoy Across the Blue and I know you'll love the ending of A Name Unknown.

      Thanks for stopping by today! Wishing you a happy New Year and much happy reading and writing! *big hugs*

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great list Miranda! I too enjoyed WHERE TRAINS COLLIDE by Amber. It is definitely difficult to choose a favorite at the end of the year, but it is fun to go back and see all of the great reads that we read throughout the year isn't it? Hope you have a great year this year in blogging and reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! Where Trains Collide was a really great read, wasn't it? Hope you have a wonderful year filled with lots of great books!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts