Review: The Love Note




 

The Love Note

by Joanna Davidson Politano

 

Joanna Davidson Politano is an author whose work I am always excited to read. I adore books set in the Victorian era, and Politano always manages that deliciously Gothic flair that is oh-so Brontë. So when I heard about The Love Note and that it was going to have a lost letter theme similar to that of Hallmark’s Signed Sealed Delivered, I was all about it. And I do believe this is my favorite Politano novel so far!

 

From the Victorian England setting, to the headstrong heroine, to the letter that shakes up the entire household, there was so much for me to love about this book. Let me start with the characters. I loved Willa. I’m all about strong heroines who defy the norms of their times and that is definitely what we find in Willa. With her dreams of becoming a doctor tempered with her romantic side that will not just let the lost letter go, she’s a wonderfully balanced and completely relatable heroine. And Gabe… he has to be my favorite Politano character. I love how sweet and kind he was and how patient he was with Willa. The supporting cast of characters was wonderfully vivid as well, adding depth to the story.

 

The setting of this novel is marvelous. I felt completely immersed in Victorian England and I adored the crumbling castle that is Crestwicke. And the writing style… it’s what makes this book so memorable for me. It is so on point with the Victorian theme and will undoubtedly satisfy cravings from Brontë-loving souls.

 

The Love Note was everything I was looking for and more. I absolutely adored this novel and would recommend it to anyone.

 

All opinions expressed in this review are my own. Many thanks to Revell and the author for a complimentary copy.

Comments

Popular Posts