Book of the Week #11- Fame Is Infamy


Fame Is Infamy
by Andrew Schwab
   Fame Is Infamy is a non-fiction book by Project 86 front man Andrew Schwab. The main gist of the book is how fame obsessed our culture is, why we're looking for it and why we shouldn't.
   The book is filled with stories from Andrew's youth, poems, and commentaries on the modern world, all in some way portraying our human need to feel admired and loved.
   I grew up listening to Project 86 and that's how I knew about the book. I read it for the first time when I was fifteen and have read it a few more times since. I like Andrew's style of satire and his message, that God loves you and because He does, everything will be okay. You don't have to be famous to be loved.
   My favorite quote from the book is on page 95. It says, "You never have to worry about what people say about you. Their opinions are not facts."
All in all, this is a great read if you're looking for non-fiction written from a witty point of view.

I give this book a 4 out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts