Currently

Wrapping Up A New Book
   I've completed the first draft of a sequel to Stephanie's Story. Currently, I'm editing this novel and talking over cover design with my sister-in-law. Be it God's will, I'm hoping to release it in either late June or early July.
Branching Out
   Christian young adult novels that deal with real life issues are what made me love reading and want to be an author. As a young teen, I loved with a capital "L" the Diary Of A Teenage Girl and True Colors series by Melody Carlson, the Holly's Heart series by Beverley Lewis and the Katie Parker series by Jenny B. Jones. These novels and others like them will always hold a special place in my life, but lately I've been thinking of trying something new. As far as I can see, my writing will always come from a Christian perspective, but lately I've been itching to try new things. Well, not just itching, I have been working on things that are different from the novels I have published. My plan has never been to stick with one genre. I've always wanted to branch out and write in lots of different genres, because that's how I read. I'm not giving up writing  young adult, and don't know that I ever will, but I am excited to write new books!
Reading
   At the end of last year when I was making my goals for the new year, I decided I wanted to read 50 books in 2015. But with the year I've had, I decided not to be too strict with that. I've still made a good chunk in my "to-read" list, though. Here are a few of the books I've read this year.
Pride And Prejudice by Jane Austen
The French Twist series by Sandra Byrd
Anne of the Island and Anne of Windy Poplars by L.M. Montgomery
Fool's Gold, Bitter Rose and Harsh Pink by Melody Carlson
And books that I want to read include:
The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Alice In Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
........ And many more!
    I love using Goodreads as a way to keep track of books I've read and find new books to read. If you aren't on that site and you love books, you should sign up and add me as a friend! (And no, I wasn't paid to say that.)
   So that's what's going on with me book-wise. Hope you enjoyed this post!
Until next time,
Miranda Atchley

Comments

Popular Posts