Top Ten Tuesday: Lovely Lesser Known Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

Happy Tuesday, readers and friends! I hope you all had a lovely Fourth of July. Today the ladies at The Broke and The Bookish asked us to list our top ten books that have a Goodreads rating under 2000. Initially, I thought this would be a breeze, but it proved to be a little bit harder than I anticipated. I thought of a few novels that I love that I rarely hear others mention, only to find that they had many more ratings on Goodreads than I realized. Yet I found some gems that I truly enjoyed and that I feel more people should know about.


10: When I Married My Mother by Jo Mader
This book isn't too far from 2000 ratings on Goodreads. It's a quirky memoir about a woman who caring for her aging mother. There are a few risqué moments, but they are few and far between.



9: Ain't We Got Fun by Emily Chapman and Emily Ann Putzke
This is a nice indie novel about two young women, sisters in fact, that write each other letters during The Great Depression.



8: Finding Alice by Melody Carlson
This is another book that is just below 2000 ratings on Goodreads. Melody Carlson is a veteran of Christian fiction and an author that I grew up reading. I loved her young adult books as a teen, but this has become my favorite of her's. It's the story of Alice, a college student, who is suffering from schizophrenia. It's a heavy subject matter, but a great story of hope.



7: The Bronte Plot by Katherine Reay
Dear Mr. Knightley seems to be Katherine Reay's most popular novel. It is a very good book, but I also love The Bronte Plot. I love the English setting and reading about all the literary sites Lucy and Helen visit.


6: Amy Inspired by Bethany Peirce
I love this novel about a woman approaching thirty, who wants to be an author but struggles to become one.


5: How a Star Falls by Amber Stokes
Amber Stokes is a talented indie author. Her new adult novella is a charming tale set in Oregon that will make you yearn for the Pacific Northwest even more than you already do.


4: While You're Awake by Amber Stokes
I've featured this book many times on my blog, and for good reason; it is a lovely novelette. I would definitely recommend it to anyone that enjoys light Christian romance.


3: A Singular and Whimsical Problem by Rachel McMillan




Rachel's novels are fairly new, but I have a feeling they'll be reaching thousands of ratings before too long. If you love cozy mysteries and historical fiction, you must try The Herringford and Watts Series.

Thanks for stopping by today!

-Miranda Atchley


Comments

  1. Ain't We Got Fun by Emily Chapman and Emily Ann Putzk sounds like a delightful read. I like the letter idea... I've read other books written in this fashion that are fun reads.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/07/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-that-have.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the letter writing style, too. It's fun. Thank you for stopping by today! :)

      Delete
  2. Great list! =D Adding some books to my To Be Read list now! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love them, Meghan! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Great list Miranda! Glad to see you included 2 of Amber's books. I loved both of them! I joined the Top Ten Tuesday group this week as well and posted my 10 books on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those books were delightful, Julie! Thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. So many amazing novels! Rachel's, Amber's and Katherine's!? Some of my very favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing writers! Thanks for stopping by today, Rissi! :)

      Delete
  5. A dear friend recommended Finding Alice to me earlier this year. Hoping to get to it soon! And I've not seen anyone ever mention Amy Inspired before, but I love it. It's a bit quirky and different, I'm so glad you love it too. :) And double yes for Katherine's, Amber's, and Rachel's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding Alice is a great read. Melody Carlson is an awfully talented author. I'm so glad to hear you say that you love Amy Inspired, too! It's one of my all-time favorites. Thank you for stopping by, Kara!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts