Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Facts About Me



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is "Ten Facts About Me". We could either choose facts that are bookish, or just general facts about ourselves. I decided to go with general facts. Nothing too soul bearing, but the facts I've listed are things I like about myself and things I think make me "me". I hope you enjoy!

10: I am a Christian.
It's probably evident if you've read my books, and I hope it is evident to those that know me in person, but I am a Christian. It's important to me and one of the best facts about me, I feel, because I believe that God is the truth.

9: I was homeschooled.
I went to public school from pre-K through the fifth grade. That last year was pretty hard for me, so when sixth grade came around, my mom began homeschooling me. I used to never meet other homeschoolers, but since I've become more involved in the book community, I've met a bunch, and that is really neat.

8: I went to graduation one year after I graduated.
When I was seventeen and finished with homeschool, I got my G.E.D. I took the test the week of graduation that year, and it takes a few weeks for your results to come back, so I wasn't able to go to graduation that year. I ended up passing on the first try and received my diploma in June of 2012. The next spring, the community college I got my G.E.D through sent me a letter inviting me to graduation since I didn't get to go to the last one. It was kind of awkward, but I am glad that I went.

7: Pink is my favorite color.
I'm sure it's pretty obvious given the layout of my blog, but yes; pink is my favorite color. It makes me happy.

6: I don't like coffee.
I know a lot of people would be shocked to hear this because it seems like almost everyone drinks coffee, but I do not like it. I just don't like the taste. Sometimes I like the smell of it, yet not always. 

5: I love peacocks.
I think peacocks are some of the prettiest things in God's creation. I love their colors and designs in their feathers. They're just beautiful.



4: Fall is my favorite season.
There are so many reasons why I love fall. The leaves, the weather, the holidays, the pumpkins, my birthday..... It's just a magical time of year.



I took this picture a few years ago. These trees are directly across the street from my window. So beautiful!

3: I love Tim Burton movies.
I just love the style of his movies. They're quirky and fun. My all-time favorite movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas. Some of my other favorites are; Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, Corpse Bride, Alice in Wonderland, and Alice Through the Looking Glass.

2: I love period dramas and classic literature.
Again, this is pretty obvious if you've followed my blog for a while, but for those of you who are just discovering A Real Writer's Life, know that those two things are mentioned often around here. I love reading books written/set in eras long since passed and the same for movie and T.V. shows. There's just something about it that draws me in and I just love it.





1: I am an author.
I've been writing since my early teens, and I self-published my first book when I was nineteen. I've written four novels, and hope to write many more. Writing is my passion, and one of the most important things to me. You can find out more information about my books here.

And those are some facts about me. Thank you all for stopping by today. If you're a new reader, I want to welcome you to my blog. And since I love reading about my readers, feel free to leave ten facts about you in the comments!


-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. This was so fun to read! Especially 'cause I just wrote an EPIC peacock scene in WHITE FEATHER MURDERS <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel! Oh my goodness, that is awesome! I was already excited for White Feather Murders, but now, I'm super excited! :D

      Delete
  2. I love pink and peacocks too!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/07/top-ten-tuesday-ten-facts-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eww, I don't like coffee either. Do you drink tea? I'm not a fan of that either. ha! I love period dramas too! I went to a very small Christian school where I was the only graduate my senior year :) Fun list Miranda! I posted mine on my blog. It is always good to catch up with what's going on in your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do drink tea. Most of the time is the traditional southern sweet tea, but in the fall/winter I like hot tea like Earl Grey. Thanks for stopping by, Julie!

      Delete
  4. I feel like we actually have a TON in common! Except for the coffee thing. This woman breathes caffeine. But PINK. and PEACOCKS. And HISTORY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we do, too, Stefanie! Pink, and peacocks, and history are THE BEST! :)

      Delete
  5. YAY! Lots of fun facts, Miranda. Three cheers for homeschoolers and autumn. One of God's most beautiful seasons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a fan of drinking coffee myself! But I do love the smell of it. And I love coffee ice cream! Go figure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The smell is great, but I just can't take the taste! Haha

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts