April in Review



April was another quiet month around here. But I did get some posts up, and for that I am glad. I also celebrated A Castle in the Sky’s birthday! That was a lot of fun. Thank you so much to everyone who downloaded it this month! This month I also made progress in my latest novel, which is really good, and I read a lot.

Books I Read in April


This is the second month this year in which I’ve read ten books, and I can’t believe it. Honestly, there were some days when I had writer’s block, and when that would happen I would read a lot. Just Patty was a re-read for me. I read it a couple years ago when I first got my Kindle and I really liked it back then. I think I enjoyed it even more this time. I really liked Melody Carlson’s The Inn at Shining Waters series. It was a good series and they became some of my favorite books by her as I read them this month. The Life of Charlotte Brontë was my non-fiction read for the month, as well as my favorite read in April. I really liked this book; the Brontë’s lives, though full of hardship and sadness, were very interesting and inspirational. No matter how hard their lives were, their faith in the Lord endured and I find that very inspirational. And it goes without saying, but they were so talented. I’ve also been working toward one of my goals of reading more of the books that have gone unread on my bookshelf and my Kindle. I’d had Persuasion on both my bookshelf and my Kindle for a long time with plans to read it someday and worked through both copies simultaneously this month. While not my absolute favorite Austen novel, I did like the book and was glad to have read it. Two other books that fell into this category were Dawn’s Prelude and Paint Me True. I think I downloaded both of them a couple of years ago when they were free, and I just got around to reading them. They were both okay books, but I didn’t particularly love them. Monday or Tuesday was a different sort of novel. It wasn’t awful, but it wasn’t really my cup of tea, either.

Favorite Blog Posts from April

                                                       
Thanks for dropping by my blog this month! I hope you enjoyed your visit. Until next time…

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

Popular Posts