Top Ten Tuesday: Summer Readin'



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

Can you believe that summer is on its way? I can’t. I’m not a huge fan of summer- I don’t do well with the high temperatures. But the best way to beat the heat is to hang out by an air conditioner with a good book. And that’s what I plan to do in the following months. Here are a few of the books I’m hoping to get lost in while escaping the soaring temperatures.





10: The Inheritance by Louisa May Alcott
Been meaning to read this one forever. Perhaps that will finally happen this summer.



9: Becoming Jane Eyre by Shelia Kohler
I got this book at our library’s annual book sale a few years ago, but it has sat on my shelf unread. One of my goals this year is to read more books that I’ve had copies of for a while yet haven’t read and this is one that I am looking forward to.



8: Servant’s Hall by Margaret Powell
I also got this book at our library’s book sale last year. I’d like to get to it this summer.



7: Grace Livingston Hill Collection No. 4 by Grace Livingston Hill
Another book that I got at the same sale. It’s hard to pass up paperbacks for $1 (toward the end of the sale they ask you to put as many books as you can into grocery store bags and charge you $1 per bag)! I recently read one of Grace Livingston Hill’s novels for the first time and I liked it. This book includes four novels, one of which was written by Grace’s aunt Isabella Alden.


6:Winter by Marissa Meyer
Last year I read the first three books in The Lunar Chronicles right in a row. Then I lost my momentum and never finished Winter. Maybe I can get to it this summer.




5: Lilies in Moonlight by Allison Pitman
This book looks like fun!



4: Waves of Mercy by Lynn Austin
The other day I noticed that our library got this one in. I also noticed it has quite the waiting list. I’d like to read it when it’s available.



3: The White Feather Murders by Rachel McMillan
It’s hard to believe that this is the last book in the Herringford and Watts Mysteries. Looking forward to seeing what chaos Merinda and Jem find themselves in this time!



2: The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
I recently downloaded the entire Sherlock Holmes collection and so far I’ve read A Study in Scarlet and The Sign of Four and have liked them. Next up is the first collection of short stories about the infamous detective, and I’m looking forward to reading them soon.



1: Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
This will be my last Austen novel! It’s kind of sad to think about that. But I am looking forward to reading another fabulous classic.

What books are piling up on your TBR this summer?


-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. Becoming Jane Eyre sounds so intriguing. Now I'm looking forward to reading it as well. :)

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found a new book to read! :) Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I'm not a fan of summer either. If I didn't have a/c and a pool, I would probably die. Literally!

    I love the Lunar Chronicles series. I haven't read any of the others on your list, but I agree -- BECOMING JANE EYRE sounds really good.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Susan- a/c i essential! Doesn't Becoming Jane Erye sound amazing? Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts