Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books of The Year



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

I can’t believe that it’s already time to list our top ten books of the year. Where did this year go? I have no idea. I do know that this year was filled with great books. And today I’m going to list my top books of the year.



When I found the second volume of this biography in the public domain section on my Kindle, I was excited. It was a great read. The Brontës were so interesting and I really liked reading about them.



I loved this book! It was a great read. I liked the Regency setting and the Pride and Prejudice theme.



This has been my favorite Sherlock Holmes mystery so far. I really liked the setting and how everything felt a little creepy out in the middle of the marsh. Really great read.



I really enjoyed this book. I just love the way C.S. Lewis wrote.



Kristy Cambron is such a good writer. I loved this whimsical historical with an air of mystery. I loved the 1920s setting and the quirky character of Wren.



I’ve been a long-time fan of Melody Carlson, but I think this is my favorite book by her so far. I really enjoyed reading this WWII era novel and am excited to read the rest of the series.



This book was so much fun! I love the 1920s, and loved seeing a Christian novel set during this roaring decade. Lilly was a fun character to read about and Cullen was a good balance for her. And I loved Ruth Ann. I highly recommend this book!



Okay, so this was a re-read, but I love this book so much that I couldn’t leave it off of my list! I enjoyed reading it during the read-along Amber hosted even more than I did the first time I read it. Who doesn’t love Lizzy and Mr. Darcy? And the rest of the large cast of characters that bring this marvelous book to life.



Cranford was such a good book. I love the setting and the stories of this woman-centric society. At times it was funny, and at times it was sad, but the entire book was a great read.



I loved this book! The moment I finished it, I knew that it was not only going on my top ten books of the year, but also on my list of top ten books of all time. Judy and Jervie are just the best. Love it!

Thank you so much for stopping by today. Feel free to tell me about your ten favorite books of the year!


-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. Didn't get the chance to read Kristy's this year, but I suppose that's one lovely I can enjoy in 2018 - thank goodness for a new year full of new days to read. :)

    I'd also like to read Daddy Long Legs. Someday. I hear really good things about that one.

    (Also, I'm with you: WHERE DID 2017 GO!?)

    Happy reading, Miranda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love The Illusionist's Apprentice, Rissi! And everyone should read Daddy-Long-Legs, cause it's just amazing! Thank you for stopping by today! :-)

      Delete
  2. Yay!! Awesome list, friend! :)

    The Elusive Miss Ellison is on my virtual (Kindle) TBR shelf, and you've made me want to read it sooner rather than later. :) Good to know it made such a great impression on you!

    The Hound of the Baskervilles is a wonderful, creepy read, isn't it?

    So fun that Pride & Prejudice made your list, especially being a re-read for you! I'm so happy you enjoyed the read-along. :)

    And big cheers for Daddy-Long-Legs!! It made my favorites list in 2015, but I feel the same as you, that it's also on my "favorites of all time" list! I'm so glad the book-blogging community encouraged me to read it. It's such a delightful, sweet, heartwarming read. ♥

    Thanks for sharing your list with us!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on everything, friend! So many great books were read this year. I can't wait to see what you think of The Elusive Miss Ellison, because it's a great book! Thank you so much for stopping by, Amber! :-)

      Delete
  3. I highly recommend them all! Thanks for stopping by! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts