January in Review



January on A Real Writer’s Life was pretty quiet for most of the month. I was pretty busy with editing and just didn’t blog as much as I wish I could have. But that’s simply the way things go sometimes. I thank you all for continuing to drop by and comment on the posts that I was able to put up this month. I appreciate it. So now here’s a look at how January went for me.

Books Read in January
Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster
Grave Consequences by Lisa T. Bergren
Conductor of Light by Rachel McMillan
Heiress by Susan May Warren
The Many Faces of World War I by Irving Werstein
The Watsons by Jane Austen

I read so much more than I expected to this month. I don’t think I’ve ever read ten books in a single month before! Granted, some of these were short books, but some of them were long. I blame it on the long January nights and the fact that at the very beginning of the month I took a little bit of holiday time off before really getting into editing.

I loved Daddy-Long-Legs. It was just such a great book. Books 2 and 3 in the Dear Daphne series were nice, light reads. Conductor of Light was a fun short story (P.S. it’s free, so if you have an e-reader, you have no excuse not to download this book!). I didn’t like Grave Consequences nearly as much as I liked Glamorous Illusions; it was just okay. I didn’t much care for Heiress. Once was a neat collection of fairytales and The Many Faces of World War I was my non-fiction read for the month. I read The Watsons in one day. It wasn’t one of my favorite Austen novels, but I liked it nonetheless. And I read some of the stories in Five Magic Spindles that I didn’t read last year and they were fun for the most part.

For me, this month has primarily consisted of working on my new book. And you all finally got to see the cover and learn the title! I can’t wait for you all to read All The Future Holds. Hopefully soon I can get the pre-order set up, as well as add it to Goodreads so you all can mark as “to read.” As a result, I didn’t blog as much as I would have liked, but I did try to check in from time to time.

Favorite Blog Posts From January

Comments

Popular Posts