Reading and Blogging Goals For 2017



Hey readers and friends. We’re in a brand new year. Can you believe it’s 2017 already? It’s strange to think about it. Time really does go so much faster the older you get. Since it’s a new year and we’re all making resolutions/goals, I thought I’d post some of the reading and blogging goals I’m setting out for myself in 2017.

Read 60 Books

Last year, I really didn’t set out any reading goals for myself. I knew I wanted to read more classics, and since many of those are lengthy with bulky language, I didn’t want to set a number goal in stone. Yet toward the end of the year, I got awfully close to having read 60 books in 2016, so I decided to make that a goal in December. This year, I’d like to read 60 more books. I’m still making my way through some of the classics, because they are my favorites, but I’m also hoping to find some new books to love in other genres.

Read Books on My Shelf That Haven’t Been Read

I have a lot of books on my shelves that I’ve purchased from yard sales, thrift stores, and library book sales that have gone unread for far too long. I really want to at least try reading most, if not all of them, over the course of this year. I suppose I ought apply this rule to the many free books I’ve downloaded on my Kindle, as well.

Read More Non-Fiction

I also want to read more non-fiction. Fiction is my favorite, but I enjoy non-fiction from time to time and I think it would good for me to read at least one non-fiction book per month. Mere Christianity has sat on my shelf unread for an embarrassingly long time, so I already know of one I can (attempt to) read.

Write Book Reviews Differently

For the past two years, I’ve been writing book reviews and posting them as Book of the Week. I want to start doing something different. I want to just write regular reviews and discontinue Book of the Week. This way, I can write multiple reviews each week if I want, or skip a week without feeling guilty.

So those are my plans in my reading and blogging life for 2017. Have any of you made goals for this year? If you have, tell me about them in the comments!

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. Happy New Year to you!!

    Sounds like you've set some awesome reading goals for 2017. I love reading nonfiction books just as much as I enjoy reading fiction.

    I am like you where I am always adding more books to my 'to be read' pile whether it is free ebook downloads from Amazon to my Kindle, FOL used book sales, trading books with Bookcrossers, buying used and new books, receiving free books from GoodReads, and so on. I am going to try focusing reading books I currently have on hand and scaling down on adding more books to my collection this year.

    I'd like to read 100 books this year, so I'll see how that goes.

    What are your writing goals for 2017?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! Hope yours is going well so far. 100 books is a great goal! I'd love to make that goal in the future. :)

      Right now I am editing my fifth novel. After that, I plan to start the third book in The Abi Hensley Series. What are your writing goals this year? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts