Top Ten Books: Ten 2016 Releases I Want To Read



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

We all know how it goes; so many books are released every year, and we just want to read them all. But there are only so many hours in the day, and therefore, we can’t get to all the books we’d like in a timely fashion. So some new releases sometimes go unread by us for a time. Today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic deals exactly with this conundrum. We’ve been asked to list ten books released in 2016 that we wanted to read, yet were unable to, but totally plan to in the near future. Here are ten books that came out last year that I wanted to read, but simply couldn’t get to.



10: I’ll Be Yours by Jenny B. Jones
Jenny was one of my favorite authors when I was a teenager. This book got a lot of great reviews last year, and I don’t doubt that it lives up to the hype. Hopefully I can read it sometime soon.



9: The Red Door Inn by Liz Johnson
I read a sample of this book on my Kindle and I really liked it. I love the Prince Edward Island setting! I’d liked to read the rest of it sometime.



8: Talking As FastAs I Can by Lauren Graham
If you’ve visited A Real Writer’s Life much in the last couple of months, then you know that I’ve mentioned this book a lot. I haven’t been able to get a copy yet, but I’m hoping to sometime.



7: Stars Above by Marissa Meyer
I haven’t actually finished the original four books of The Lunar Chronicles; I still need to read to Winter. But once I do, I definitely want to read this bonus book that came out last year.

I read one story in this collection for review before it was released, but I’ve yet to read the other four. I’d really like to read them this year.
This collection of fairytale retellings released toward the end of 2016. I haven’t read it yet, but when it was recently on sale I downloaded it and am looking forward to reading these stories.



4: A Will, A Way, and A Wedding by Melody Carlson
I started reading the Dear Daphne series toward the end of last year. So far I’ve read the first three. This last book in the series was released in 2016 and I’m looking forward to seeing how everything comes together.



3: A Portrait of Emily Price by Katherine Reay
Some of Katherine’s books might not have been absolute favorites of mine, but I’ve generally liked them and I’m quite curious about this novel revolving around a painter who marries an Italian and travels to his family’s country.



2: The Lady and The Lionheart by Joanne Bischof
I’ve heard a lot of good things about this book since it released at the end of last summer. It sounds like a good book, and I read a sample of it and liked it, so I’d like to read the rest of it this year.



1: Can’t Help Falling by Kara Isaac
I’m actually surprised by how much I enjoyed Kara’s debut since I don’t read much contemporary romance at all. But I did, and I really want to read her latest, which released toward the end of 2016.

Were there any books you wanted to read last year, but simply couldn’t get to? Tell me about them in the comments.


-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. I want to read Talking As Fast As I Can too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/10/top-ten-tuesday-91/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So looking forward to that book! Thanks for stopping by today!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed Lady and the Lion heart. I just picked up The Red Door Inn and Emily Price when they were on sale. Hopefully I'll get to them this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy them! Thanks for stopping by today. :)

      Delete
  3. Lots of great reading coming up for you, Miranda! I'm excited about Lauren's Graham's book too. Just have to read it now. Enjoy Katherine's, Jenny's and Joanne's. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So excited for that book! Thanks for stopping by, Rissi!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts