The Last Days of Editing

As the deadline on another novel approaches, a writer spends their days reading the story that has been spilling from their mind for the past months, years, sometimes decades. Every sentence is read over dozens of times, ensuring that each word and punctuation mark is in its place. Phrases are reworked, removed, relocated, and replaced until every part is where it should be, like a black and white, 50,000 plus word and 200 plus page puzzle. A result of hours spent before a computer screen writing and researching, car rides day dreaming, and nights thinking about the story until the writer falls asleep. The manuscript is polished until it no longer feels like a jumble of odd sayings and random thoughts, but is one cohesive book, ready for readers to lose themselves in.

All The Future Holds has gone through this rigorous processes. I’ve done my best and hope that I have put together the novel that the Lord has wanted me to, as well as one that you all will enjoy. I feel happy with what I have written.

Kindle owners can preorder their copies now by clicking here. If you’re looking to order a paperback, you can do so on February 21st. And don’t forget to add it to your “to-read” shelf on Goodreads.

There are only 10 more days until you can read All The Future Holds. I can’t wait to see what you all think.

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

Popular Posts