Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books of 2017 (So Far)



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

Hello, readers and friends! I your week is going well thus far. Today The Broke and The Bookish have asked us to list our top ten books of 2017, so far. I’ve read some books that I’ve really enjoyed this year, and so when I saw this topic, there were several titles that instantly came to mind. Yet at the same, there was a bit of a struggle to pick and choose which ten to list. Even so, I think I came up with a good list and I loved all the books in this post.



10: The Butterflyand The Violin by Kristy Cambron
Heartbreaking and beautiful, this novel set in both WWII and present day was a poignant read.



9: The Chroniclesof Downton Abbey: A New Era by Jessica Fellowes and Matthew Sturgis
I miss Downton Abbey. When I saw this book at the library, I was pretty excited to read it. I loved all the details they included about the time period, from the products used in the early 1920s, to how things were changing in these grand country estates. And the pictures are gorgeous. When I finished it and returned the borrowed copy to the library, I bought my own for my shelf at home.



8: Waves of Mercy by Lynn Austin
Such a good book. It was poignant, heartbreaking, and beautiful. I loved it.



7: Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
My last full-length Austen novel. I enjoyed this one and think it falls toward the top of my list of her novels.



6: Swept Away by Vanessa Riley
This was just a fun take on the classic Cinderella story. I loved the roles were reversed and the Regency setting was wonderful. I highly recommend this book.



5: The Red Door Inn by Liz Johnson
I was drawn to the Prince Edward Island setting in this book. I love reading about the magical island, and the characters were great, too.



4: Lilies inMoonlight by Allison Pittman
This was such a fun book! A Christian novel set in the 1920s; how could you go wrong with that?



After watching To Walk Invisible, I wanted to read more about the Brontës. Even though it was only half of the original book, I still loved reading this.



2: Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
This was such a beautiful non-fiction. I love C.S. Lewis.



1: Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster
This was one of the first books I read this year, and as soon as I finished it, I just went ahead and added it to my top ten books of 2017. I loved this hidden gem. It was so good. I wish there were more books like Daddy-Long-Legs.

So tell me; what have been your top ten books of 2017 so far?


-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. Looks like you've read some spectacular books so far this year!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:

    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2017/06/top-ten-tuesday-best-books-ive-read-in.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such great books! Thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Great list! I love Kristy Cambron and Lynn Austin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're both great authors. :) Thanks for stopping by today!

      Delete
  3. I spy yet another Austen novel I need to read - OK, so it's all of them but Sense & Sensibility really. ;) Glad to spy Kristy Cambron on your list too. Always a great talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sense and Sensibility is my favorite Austen novel! :) And I agree; Kristy's books are always great. Thanks for stopping by today! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts