What A Writer Does Between Novels



Here on my blog, I tend to only write about what I’m currently writing, or what books I’m reading. Yet this time I thought I would write about what I’ve been doing in between projects. My last book, Of Things To Come was published on October 27th and since then, I’ve been taking a break. Here’s what I’ve been doing during my break.






Of course I’ve been reading a lot. When I was finishing Of Things To Come, I promised myself that once the book was released I would get to read as much as I wanted. I’ve posted some reviews here on the blog, so if you’re curious you can browse the archives.

It’s finally fall around here, and I’ve really enjoyed seeing all the leaves turn such wonderful colors. We’ve had a lot of really pretty trees this  year, but I was unable to get the pictures from my phone on my computer so I thought I’d use this picture from a few years ago.



I celebrated Halloween.

When I realized that I would probably be publishing Of Things To Come in October, I decided it would be fun to publish the book on my birthday. It was a really fun way to celebrate. Both were celebrated with Earthquake Cake and Mexican Chicken Casserole.

Even though I’ve been taking a break, I have written a little bit here there. I’ve been working on some blog posts, and a little bit on some side projects that you’ll learn more about someday (Lord willing).



So that’s what I’ve been doing since I finished writing Of Things To Come. Thank you all for stopping by today! And tell me in the comments what you all have been up to.

-Miranda Atchley



Comments

  1. Nice to hear what you do in between writing.

    I take it you don't participate in NaNoWriMo? Or did you skip on this month long writing event this year?

    Which books do you recommend for newbie writers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote the first draft of A Castle in the Sky during NaNoWriMo 2015. I really enjoyed it! These past couple of years I've either been busy working on a book I already began before NaNoWriMo, or have just finished a book and needed a break. Maybe someday I'll participate in NaNoWriMo again! :-)

      As for recommending books for new authors, I think it's most important to read books in the genre you're writing in. To me, that's the most helpful. I haven't read too many books about writing. The only one I can think of right now is Write Well by Rachelle Rea Cobb, which is good if you're a little rusty on the rules of grammar.

      Thanks for stopping by today! :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts