First Line Fridays | The Dishonorable Miss DeLancey

I’ve been seeing First Line Fridays a lot lately, and it seems like a fun thing to participate in. It’s hosted by Hoarding Books and you simply feature the first line in the book you’re currently reading.

The book I’m currently reading is The Dishonorable Miss DeLancey. Here’s the first line.

The honorable Miss Clara DeLacney stood atop the chalky cliffs. Above her, heavy clouds menaced the moon, revealing then concealing the scene below. At her feet glowed the lantern borrowed for tonight’s escape, while far beneath, the English Chanel churned white and deadly. Wind whipped clothes around her body, like the despair that had tugged for months, begging release.

The Dishonorable Miss DeLancey is the final book in Carolyn Miller’s Regency Brides: A Legacy of Grace series. I’ve been enjoying it thus far. I really like that this first paragraph matches the book’s cover (which is stunning.) Can’t wait to read the rest of this book!

So what are you reading? I’d love to hear about it and read the first line.


-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. I liked the first book in this series, but haven't gotten to any of the others yet. What an intriguing first line though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first book in the series is my favorite of the three, Kara. Isn't it a neat first line? Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday! My first line is from Kizzie’s Kisses by Zina Abbott:

    “Kizzie Atwell felt her breathing become more labored.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, what an intriguing first line, Becky! Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  3. I so need to read this series! It looks like something I will thoroughly enjoy.

    I'll share the first line from a Love Inspired Suspense Read:

    Her head throbbed and grogginess gripped her. She rocked as if on giant waves. (from Thread of Revenge by Elizabeth Goddard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it, Suzie! They're great reads. And that's a really neat line! Thanks for sharing it with us! :-)

      Delete
  4. I loved the first book in this series! Can't wait to read this one. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that book, too! Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  5. Over on my blog, I'm sharing the first lines from the three novellas in A Night in Grosvenor Square. It's a new Timeless Regency Collection. I'm 1/2 way done, and I'm loving it so much. Currently, I'm starting chapter 5 in the second story, so I'll share that first line here:

    "In spite of Anne's attempts to distract herself from thoughts of Davis Whitledge, hours of repetitive work allowed her mind to drift."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a neat first line, Nicole! Thank you for sharing it with us! :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts