It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Fall


Good Sunday afternoon! It's a wonderful day where I am. Drizzling rain, cool temperatures.... absolutely lovely. The only thing that would make it better in my opinion would be if the leaves were already changing. Fall is definitely, without a doubt, my favorite time of year. I love the weather, the atmosphere, the festivities..... my birthday. ;-)
I put out my Halloween decorations over the weekend. I love decorating for the holidays. It's so much fun. I buy most of my decorations at Dollar General and a few at Walmart and make what I can at home. I thought I'd share some photos of the decorations with all. They aren't that great because they were taken on my old (non-smart) cell phone, but you get the gist.

 I love strings lights, there's just something so magical about them to me. The above picture is my "writing corner." 

 And then I could resist throwing in a photo of my bookshelf all decked out. Hey, I am an author; I had to incorporate books into this post somehow. The dolls on top belonged to my grandma, who collected dolls. 
 Though I didn't feature this in any of my photos, I wanted to share with you all my favorite candle; CashmereWoods from Glade. It is the most terrific candle in the world. It has notes of bergamot tea, lemon, orange flower, lily of the valley, jasmine, sandalwood, patchouli, amber, vanilla bean, oakmoss, and musk. It's like fall in a candle and it makes me so happy when I smell it. You can buy it all year round, but it's so fitting this time of year.
Thanks for reading this post. Here's to it almost being fall (only three days away)!


P.S. I have another thing I want to share with you all. I finally downloaded the new Rising Fawn album, "Sifting Through Sadness." It's really good. I love the E.P. "Everlasting Songs" and while this new album is quite different from its predecessor, it's still good. My favorites so far are "Jeremy Enigk" and "Wake Up." 

Comments

Popular Posts