My First Book Signing

  
 
  Saturday I held my first book signing. The first Saturday of each month the town I live in holds "Trade Days." They block off Main Street and anyone is allowed to set up along the street and sell things. This seemed like a good place to sell books.
  I made a sign that read "Local Author Miranda Atchley Book Signing" in big cursive letters and set my books out on the table. A few people came by and looked at my books, telling me how neat they were and to keep up the good work. One woman, local author Wanda M. Gray, specifically came to see me after seeing my ad in the paper. She bought a book and we talked books and writing. It was nice to speak with a fellow author, a rare occurrence in my life, which I hope will someday be remedied.
  I sold a total of three books. I was ecstatic. It felt so great each time these three people came up to me and said they wanted to buy a book. It was electrifying signing books as I stood on the street. I loved seeing people walk away with a copy of my book in their hands. Of course it would have been nice to sell all thirty books I brought with me, but I knew I'd be happy as long as I sold at least a few. That's three more people who own and will (hopefully) read my books. Three people who had never heard of me before and will now read something I wrote, hopefully becoming fans that will read my future works, telling their friends about my books. Most important of all, three people who will read a message every human being needs to hear. How could I not be happy about that?
  I thank God for this opportunity and the people that stopped by. God really does care and knows how to keep me going. All in all I feel that my book signing was a success. I had a lot of fun and I hope to do it again someday.
  Stay tuned this week for more writing posts, book talk and even a tip on saving money on e-books.

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. I'm so proud of you! I'm glad you had a good experience and I bet it will go even better if you do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! I'm glad you had a good experience and I bet it will go even better if you do it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lacey! I really appreciate it. I can't wait to do this again! :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts