Writing Confession #2 Insecurity

  Sometimes I still feel insecure about my writing. Okay, a lot of the time I feel insecure about my writing. I hate that. Insecurity is such an awful feeling, and it is especially bad when applied to one of your favorite things in life. I wish I could wipe them all away, but that's not so easy.
  One of my biggest problems is worrying about what other people think. I wish it weren't true but it is. I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way. At some point in their lives, everyone worries about what others think of them. That's just part of human nature. Yet it gets terribly annoying.
  I worry that others will find a flaw that I didn't notice in my writing. Sometimes I wonder if they don't take my writing seriously and just brush it off as nothing more than a hobby. And sometimes I worry about them simply laughing at my stories. There's a plethora of things that I can worry about with writing. Yet I know that I'm just going to have to get over it. Because I love writing too much to just give up on it because someone else doesn't quite understand it. This is what I am meant to do.
Is worrying about what others think going to help me? No. Is there really anything I can do to change their mind? No. Their opinions are simply that; opinions. They are not facts. So with that in my mind, I can help myself not to worry, to keep doing what I'm meant to do and write the things I'm meant to write.
  Insecurities happen all the time. It may take a lot of effort to get them under control, but we can't let them hold us back from doing what we love.

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

Popular Posts