August in Review

Hey readers and friends. Can you believe that it's the end of August? I really can't, though I must admit, I'm glad it is over. I am so looking forward to fall. Though, really, this wasn't the worst month in terms of weather. We had a lot of cooler days and loads of rain, whereas here in Arkansas, August is usually ridiculously hot and very dry.

I read a lot this month; as in nine books. That's a record for me. This is mostly due to the fact that I read a lot of fast paced Y/A, plus one delightful novelette. It feels nice to have read a lot, since books are like my lifeline, and there were a few months earlier in the year when I didn't read as much as I would have liked to.

Books Read in August:
The Sound of Diamonds by Rachelle Rea Cobb
For Elise by Hayden Wand
The Crown by Kiera Cass
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
The Selection by Kiera Cass
The Elite by Kiera Cass
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
The One by Kiera Cass
The Selection Stories by Kiera Cass

My favorite books from this month were Sense and Sensibility, For Elise, The Sound of Diamonds, and The Selection. While I did like The Selection series, by the time I got to The One, I was ready for it to be over.  Maxon and America were beginning to get on my nerves and I was just ready for them to get over themselves. But, all in all, I did like the books. I loved Sense and Sensibility, and think it's my favorite Austen novel I've read so far. For Elise was splendidly quirky, and would be the perfect fall read. And The Sound of Diamonds was a very interesting novel about a period in time I'd never read about before.

Sadly, I didn't get as much blogging done as I would have liked to. Hopefully, this will change soon. I did get more work done on my work-in-progress, though, and that's a great thing.

Favorite Posts in August
Lately 8.12.2016
Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Heroines
Book of the Week #54 "The Sound of Diamonds"

In other news, my computer got fixed! Something was wrong with the button that turns on the wifi connectivity on my laptop, and my brother fixed it. Thanks a million Jacob!

Thanks for reading along with me this August. See you in September for more tales from a real writer's life. Chou for now!


-Miranda Atchley

Comments

Popular Posts