Lately 8.12.2016





Hello readers and friends. Today I thought I'd pop in with a lately post to just talk about what I've reading, watching, and listening to. I hope you all haven't melted. I've felt on the verge of so recently. It's just so hot. And here in Arkansas it's ridiculously humid. Bleh. But, the first day of fall (September 22) is only a month and a half away. Just 41 days. I haven't been counting or anything. It isn't like I have the first day of fall circled on my calendar. (I'm lying. I do.)

Without further ado, here is what I've been up to lately.

Reading

I got a lot of reading done in July. I read seven books, which is the most books I've read in one month this year. I'm working on Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Sense and Sensibility right now.

Writing

I'm still working on a sequel to A Castle in the Sky. It's taken me a while to get this one going. In this book, Abi has been suffering from a severe case of writer's block, and I suppose I've been a sympathetic sufferer. Yet I'm finally getting more work done on it and it feels wonderful. I don't have a title yet; nothing has really come to me yet. I just have it labeled "1921" on my computer since that's the year it takes place in (though that is subject to change). I made a plot change recently, and it made a huge difference in the way I feel about this project. I'm getting so excited about it now that this change has come. I love that feeling. With this change, I think I want to turn this into a full-fledged series with several books.

Watching

I recently re-discovered 3rd Rock From the Sun. I used to watch this show a lot, and it had been a while since I did. It just makes me laugh.
                        
Listening

There's not really anything new I've been listening to. The only new song that I really like is Happiness by NEEDTOBREATHE. I love that song.

Hope you're all doing well. Thanks for stopping by today.

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. I relate sooo much to you right now. Where I live in Ontario we are in the middle of an awful heat wave, and I have just felt extremely lazy, sluggish, etc. I HAVE started a new project and am about 5000 words in, so that's fun. But bedies that, blah. It's been so hard to get out even for a quick walk in the day out to the store or whatever with it being so hot to bring Dawson outside :/ I haven't even seen friends as much, since we all have kids and it makes it hard to be in heat for long.

    It rained today though! A gorgeous storm. So I'm praying for more!

    So glad to hear the sequel you're writing is coming along :) I love that feeling when things start to improve!

    And good job on 7 books!! I am nto doing great this month thus far :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I hate these stikin' heat waves! It makes everything so much harder. Yet alas, autumn is only a month and a half away, and it cannot get here soon enough! We got a decent rain over the weekend too, and it made things a whole lot better.

      Thank you! I'm glad to hear your writing is going well, too! That's a fantastic feeling!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts