An Overdue Introduction


Hello, and thanks for stopping by! My name is Miranda Atchley and I am a self-published author. I've been writing since my early teens and published my first book at age 19. Most of my days are spent in front of my computer writing. I love writing and reading and words in general. Books are pretty much my life. I was always encouraged to read growing up, and my grandmother (whom was one of my best friends) told me tons of stories growing up and I believe this sparked some of my love for writing. I really fell in love with reading around the age of fifteen by reading Christian young adult books like Beverly Lewis' Holly's Heart series and Melody Carlson's Diary of a Teenage Girl series. These books were big influences on me and lead me to eventually write my own young adult books. From that point on, I began reading almost any book I could get my hands on. I've just always been hungry to read as many books as I can. I love books of any kind and read most genres, but my favorite genres are fantasy, historical, and contemporary.

When I'm not writing, you can usually find me reading, watching my favorite shows, hanging out with my family, sipping tea, painting, or taking a walk. I'm a lover of all things whimsical, fairytale-like and retro. To name a few, some of my favorite things are:

books* words* Gilmore Girls* Downton Abbey* tea* Showbread* Eisley* Anne of Green Gables* Tim Burton* retro things* October* the moon* Jane Austen* clouds* dinosaur fossils* Halloween* fairies* the color pink* The Chronicles of Narnia* peacocks* anything black and white* Victorian houses* flowers* pumpkins* cats* rain* pretty lights

So welcome to my little corner of the world, everyone. I hope you'll enjoy your stay. Feel free to join the conversation anytime you wish; I'd love to hear from you.

-Miranda Atchley

Email me at: mirandaatchley7@gmail.com

Find me at:


Comments

Popular Posts