Books Read In 2015


Last December when I made my New Year's goals, I decided that in the year 2015 I wanted to read fifty books I'd never read before. Fifty new books seemed challenging in the beginning, but my Kindle made that easier. I found tons of classics to download for free on Amazon and I signed up for BookBub, which emails you daily with a list of e-books at a discounted price or for free. I found a few great books through this and am pretty glad I found it. And even though I got a lot of reading in on my Kindle, I still read plenty of old fashioned print books. You can't go wrong with a good ol book.

Listed below are the books I read this year. At the end of the post I'll give you my thoughts on some as well as my top five. Note: If you click on each title, you'll be directed to their listing on Amazon should you feel inclined to read some of these picks.

January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
 November
December

Obviously this was a year of classics, rightfully so as I had planned on reading more classics this year. I finally got around to reading one of the most famous novels ever written, To Kill A Mockingbird, and it did not disappoint. I also joined in history with the rest of the world by reading Go Set A Watchman which was a fantastic read as well.

Pride and Prejudice and Wuthering Heights had been on my reading list for quite a while and they were lovely reads. Big Fish had been on my reading list, too, but I didn't enjoy it as much. I loved the movie, and the novel just didn't quite live up to my expectations. It was still a decent read though.

The Help was a delicious read that I just couldn't put down. My review can give you all the info you need to know of this sparkling novel.

I also read my first indie book this year. How A Star Falls was a great first indie read. A very sweet and fresh novella. And While You're Awake was another great read by Amber. I definitely think reading more indie books should be one of my goals for 2016.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy What I Know For Sure as much as I did, but it was a pretty good read. I think I read it in a day, which is unusual for me.

I found When I Married My Mother through BookBub and it turned out to be one of my favorites. It's heartbreaking, warm and hilarious. There's some adult content, though, so be sure to keep it away from youngsters. I also found Chop, Chop through BookBub and was surprised by how much I liked it. I found myself tearing through the book. It was a real page-turner.

This year I also read new books by old favorites. Melody Carlson's books have been with me since I was thirteen. I began reading her TrueColors series around that time and I finally finished the series this year. And as always, L.M. Montgomery is a constant in my life and I read some great books by her this year.

A few flops for me were Sisterchicks on the Loose!, The Notebook and Miranda, The Great. I picked up the latter because it had my name in the title and I rarely see that. It just didn't grab my attention. The romance in The Notebook was just too physical for me and I skipped around for the most part. Sisterchicks had some good moments, but overall was just not my cup of tea.

I re-read Amy Inspired this year. Upon my second reading of the book, I fell in love with this little gem and now consider it one of my favorite books.

My top ten books of 2015 are:
Pride and Prejudice
When I Married My Mother
To Kill A Mockingbird
Go Set A Watchman
Anne of The Island
The Help
Blue Like Jazz
The Undertaker's Daughter
The Bronte Plot
Amy Inspired

So there you have it folks, the books I read in 2015. I hope you've enjoyed this list. What were some of your favorite books from 2015?


-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. What a great list of books you read this year, Miranda! I'm truly touched that you made time for my novellas - and that How a Star Falls was your first indie read. :) I'm so glad it didn't disappoint!

    I, too, read To Kill a Mockingbird this year - for the first time since freshman year of high school. Loved it SO much more this time around!

    Thank you for all your recommendations, as well. I've never read The Help, but it sounds like it's well worth a read! And I hope to read some more Jane Austen in the coming year. I've only read Northanger Abbey and Persuasion so far, but I have copies of Pride and Prejudice, Emma, and Mansfield Park waiting to be read. :) Oh, and I just recently read The Blue Castle for the first time - a thought-provoking and lovely read!

    Here's the link to my favorites of the year: Favorite Books of 2015. Looking forward to another year of great reads! :)

    Happy 2016!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing, Amber! I loved your list and it definitely gives me ideas for my TBR. I'm with you on reading more Austen; I've only read Pride and Prejudice and Northanger Abbey (and part of Persuasion) but I for sure want to more by her. And The Blue Castle is one that I definitely want to read. You can't go wrong with L.M. Montgomery!

      Thank you for stopping by, Amber. I really appreciate your time and comments. Can't wait to read more from you in the new year! God bless you in 2016!

      -Miranda Atchley

      Delete
    2. My pleasure! Thank you for checking out my list, as well. :) You should definitely check out The Blue Castle - it was highly recommended to me by some Twitter friends! And I'm hoping to do more Jane Austen read-alongs in 2016. :)

      Thank you for the sweet reply and encouragement! Grateful for your friendship. ((Hugs)) God bless you in the New Year, too!

      ~Amber

      Delete
    3. No problem, Amber! I definitely enjoy reading your blog anytime I stop by. Thank you for reading and commenting! It means a lot. ((Hugs)) back to you! :)

      -Miranda Atchley

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts