Writing Confession #3 I Stink At Poetry


I love poetry. I think it's so beautiful and makes you feel something deep down that's just lovely. I don't read poetry as much as I'd like because I get distracted by pretty sounding novels, and let's face it; nothing can compare with a novel. But I still think poetry is a beautiful thing.

I wish I could write poetry. I've tried to a lot, but my poems always sound silly. But maybe they're supposed to? Art is subjective, right?

I think that should be one of my New Year's goals; to get better at poetry. Because I've always wanted to write a collection of short stories and poems. And there's no time like the present to try to do something you've always wanted to.

Hope you're all having a wonderful week. Thanks for stopping by.


-Miranda Atchley

Comments

Popular Posts