Top Ten Tuesday: Book and Music Combos


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly series hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

So today's Top Ten Tuesday is about book and music combos. Either songs you think suit certain books, or a song you think should be made into a book. I think this is a really interesting topic. There are a lot of songs that remind me of certain books.

I know this list seems to contain quite a bit of one certain band, Eisley, as well as their side projects. I really love Eisley and their music and many of their lyrics remind me of novels, so they just really fit this topic.

I hope you enjoy this list!

10: One Headlight turned into a book.
I think this song by The Wallflowers about a guy who has lost his girlfriend would make an interesting book.
Fitting lyrics from the song:
"But somewhere here in between these city walls of dying dreams I think her death it must be killing me."

9: Brick By BoringBrick set to Cinderella
The lyrics to this song are full of fairytale references. The video seems to suggest Alice In Wonderland, but the lyrics make me think of Cinderella. It is, of course, a deeper song being that it is from Paramore, and is not the twinkling type of song one would normally associate with the classic Cinderella, but would fit a darker version, perhaps Cinder?
Fitting lyrics from this song:
"Her prince finally came to save her and the rest you can figure out. But it was a trick and the clock struck twelve so make sure to build her home brick by boring brick, or the wolf's gonna blow it down."

8: Man of the Hour set to Big Fish
Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam wrote this song for the film based off of Big Fish. The song suits the movie perfectly and so I think it would fit the book, as well. It's a beautiful song.
Fitting lyrics from this song:
"The man of the hour has taken his final bow. Goodbye for now."


7: Persuasion set to Persuasion
I think it speaks for itself. ;-)
Fitting lyrics from this song:
"They say I don't deserve you when it's true that I would prefer you over anyone's persuasion."

6: Go Away set to I Capture the Castle
I think I once listened to this while I watched the trailer of the movie adaptation (which I still haven't seen yet) and so I always think of the book when I listen to this song. But I also thing the vibe of the song fits the book.
Fitting lyrics from this song:
"I am a part of your soul, boy, and when you say you're gone I have to reach my arms outstretched to you 'cause I know we're through."

5: If You'reWondering set to Wuthering Heights
Every time I hear this song I imagine Heathcliff sitting inside Catherine's bedroom waiting for her spirit to enter through the open window.
Fitting lyrics from this song:
"I was wanting you to show me. I was wondering all the time. But if the moon shines on you while you're sleeping, it will show you all that I'm feeling inside."

4: Tonight, Tonight turned into a book.
This is my favorite Smashing Pumpkins song. I love the melancholy tune and the music video is so beautiful. I think this song could be a really great book if someone were to adapt it into one.
Fitting lyrics from this song:
"Time is never time at all. You can never ever leave without leaving a piece of you. And our lives are forever changed, we will never be the same. The more you change the less you feel."

3: Marvelous Things set to A Wrinkle in Time
This Eisley song always makes me think of A Wrinkle in Time. It has that whimsical feel that suits the book and with the references to dark nights, it makes you think of the stormy night on which the story begins.
Fitting lyrics from this song:
"Dark night hold tight and sleep tight my baby. Morning light shall burst bright and keep us here safely."


2: Stay Focused set to The Hobbit
The tune of this Rising Fawn song has always made me think of The Hobbit. I don't know why, exactly, but there's just something about it that sounds like something a hobbit would listen to.
Fitting lyrics from this song:
"And ever you fear of the pain know it's near. I'll keep you safe as you breathe through the tears. I know you can do this, I know you can."


1: I Could Be Therefor You set to Little Women
Eisley is a family band and it's evident that the sisters especially are close. In Little Women, the March sisters are very close, too. I think this song perfectly suits the book, especially after Beth's passing.
Fitting lyrics from this song:
"You'll never contemplate that I am near and help goes unseen. You're the cave admitting whom you choose and I could be there for you."


So there are my top ten book and music combos! I had fun putting this list together. Are there any songs that remind you of a certain book? Or are there any songs you think should be turned into a book? Let me know in the comments!

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. I've Never read A Wrinkle In Time, but I do LOVE Eisley! :D
    My TTT! :)
    Vampire Academy Series Review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to hear from a fellow Eisley fan! I looooove them; they're one of my favorites, if not my favorite band. I'm totally going to check out your Top Ten Tuesday post! Thanks for stopping by, Giovanna!

      -Miranda Atchley

      Delete
  2. Great list! I love how in-depth you went./
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun list, Miranda. Love how you put it together and the fact that there is some fairytale (Cinderella) potential story material on the list. We can always use more of those! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rissi! Fairytales make everything better. :) Thank you for stopping by! Always love talking to you.

      -Miranda Atchley

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts