Top Ten Tuesday: New To Me Authors



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and Bookish.

I can't believe it's December already. This year has really flown by. It’s been a year full of great reads, both by well-loved authors, and authors I have recently discovered.  Today The Broke and The Bookish have asked us to list ten authors that are new to us. I was able to compile a list of authors I had never heard of before, yet have loved reading their books, as well as a special bonus author.


Sara Ella
Sara’s debut, Unblemished, was such a fun book! The perfect mix of contemporary and fairytale.

 Meghan M. Gorecki
This year I was introduced to Meghan through blogging. I finally read her debut novel, God's Will, this November and really enjoyed it.

Rachelle Rea Cobb
Rachelle's Steadfast Love is a charming series. It has given me a look into an era that I haven't been terribly familiar with, but am definitely interested in now.

Kara Isaac
I read Kara's debut, Close To You, this fall and enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to reading her latest, Can't Help Falling, which has a C.S. Lewis theme, as soon as I can.

Kiera Cass
I flew through The Selection series this summer. It may not have been an all-time favorite series of mine, but the books were nice quick reads. And those covers are the best!

Kristy Cambron
I read The Ringmaster's Wife this year and loved it. It was such a fun, whimsical, and poignant novel that I really enjoyed. I'm definitely looking forward to her novels to come!

Grace Mullins
I became acquainted with Grace through blogging. Earlier in the year I was thrilled to hear that her story, The Ghost of Briardale, was going to be a part of the Five Magic Spindles collection. It was a delightful tale that made me laugh.

Marissa Meyer
After hearing everyone rave about The Lunar Chronicles, I decided to give Marissa Meyer's Y/A Sci-Fi series a try. I loved the books, Cress being my favorite. I haven't gotten around to reading Winter yet, but I will someday.

Rachel McMillan
I first read A Singular and Whimsical Problem this spring and instantly became a big fan of Rachel's. Her books are witty, heartfelt and fast paced, set in one of my favorite time periods, the Edwardian era. All of the books in the Herringford and Watts Mysteries have been a joy to read. Sadly, the series will end next year, but I'm looking forward to seeing what else Rachel has up her sleeve.

Bonus Author

Charlotte Brontë
I’ve known Charlotte Brontë forever, but until this year, I had never read any of her books. I loved Jane Eyre, and am looking forward to reading her other classic novels.

Have any of you found new authors that you love this year? Tell me about them in the comments!

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. With the exception of reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte in high school, I have not read an books by the other authors mentioned in your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Jane Eyre so good? I really loved it. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I read Marissa Meyer for the first time this year too, though I've only read Cinder from her Lunar Chronicles.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/12/06/top-ten-tuesday-86/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinder was a good book! Hope you enjoy the rest of the series. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts