December in Review

Can you believe that December is over? It certainly flew by. Now we’re on the eve of a new year. Good things happened this month; A Castle in the Sky made it to Read Free.ly’s The 50 Best Indie Books of 2016 list, we celebrated Christmas, I made progress on my novel, and read lots of good books!

Books Read in December

At the last minute, I decided I wanted to meet a goal of reading 60 books in 2016 since I was pretty close to that number. There were a couple times when I wasn’t sure I’d reach that goal, but I did. Unblemished, The Sound of Emeralds, Glamorous Illusions, and Wrapped in Red were my favorites from this month. Emily’s Quest was a re-read; I liked it, but it isn’t one of my favorites from L.M. Montgomery, or even this series. I don’t like the way Ilse was portrayed in this one. I did not care for Austenland. It just wasn’t my cup of tea. America’s First World War was an okay read; I got some of the information I was looking for by reading it, though not all of it.

Favorite Posts From December

I reached my goal of 200 blog posts this month! I’m glad I reached this goal that I had set out for myself at the beginning of the year, but I doubt I will ever make that goal again. Haha.

Thank you so much for reading A Real Writer’s Life this month. I hope you all had a great holiday season and that you’ll have a happy new year. I’ll be back soon in a new month, a new year, with more tales from a real writer’s life.


-Miranda Atchley

Comments

Popular Posts