Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I Want To Read in 2017



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

I am terrible at keeping up with what books are coming out. I'm usually one of the last people to know when a book is being released. It isn't that I don't like to read new releases, there are just so many of them to keep up with! I'm still trying to work my way through the classics, and that takes up a great deal of my reading time. Seeing that The Broke and The Bookish asked us to list ten books we're looking forward to in 2017, I decided to do something a little different. On my list today, I've added five classics that I hope to read next year, as well as five new releases that I'm looking forward to.

Classics



10: Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
It’s going to happen one of these days.



9: Persuasion by Jane Austen
I began reading this book as a part of a read along more than a year ago, but was unable to finish it at the time. I’d really like to finish it next year.



8: Doctor Thorne by Anthony Trollope
I loved the mini-series Julian Fellowes did of Doctor Thorne, so now I’m itching to read the book.



7: Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
In my quest to read all of Jane Austen’s novels, this and Persuasion are the only two of her full-length novels I have yet to read.
                           


6: Villette by Charlotte Brontë
I loved Jane Eyre, so I really want to read Charlotte’s other novels. This one is next on my list.

New Releases



5: Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham
This book has already released, but it hasn’t been out for that long. So ready to read this book!



4:Unraveling by Sara Ella
Unblemished was such a good book. I’m looking forward to seeing what happens next in the trilogy. 



3: The Illusionist's Apprentice by Kristy Cambron
I read a book by Kristy Cambron for the first time this year, The Ringmaster's Wife, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The Illusionist’s Apprentice, which centers around a woman who worked for Harry Houdini, sounds like a winner, and I'm definitely looking forward to reading it next year.



2: Conductor of Light by Rachel McMillan
I've heard that this novella is going to be a vaudeville inspired comedy. It sounds like a lot of fun. And, you can pre-order it for free on Amazon!



1: The White Feather Murders by Rachel McMillan
I'm excited to read more Herringford and Watts Mysteries; it has been such a lovely series. But I'm sad that this is to be its last book.

What books are you excited to read in 2017? Are there some new releases that have you reaching for your pocket book? Or are you like me and trying to work your way through some of the classics in 2017? Let me know in the comments!

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. I cannot wait for Unraveling! Unblemished was sooo good. I also look forward to The Illusionist's Apprentice. My TTT can be viewed at: https://kellyfbarr.com/2016/12/13/top-ten-tuesday-40/comment-page-1/#comment-1048

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty great, Kelly! Thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. YES! Great list. Hope you can read Persuasion (this is one I'd like to read too!) and like you, I adored the miniseries for Doctor Thorne. Lauren Graham's is one I might pick up sometime (despite not being a non-fiction reader) and of course, I cannot wait for Sara Ella's, Rachel's and Kristy's. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts