Lately 12.13.2016



Hello readers and friends. I hope your December is going well so far. Mine hasn’t been too crazy yet. The weather has been much more seasonable lately; chilly grey days. It got pretty cold the other day and I really thought it was going to snow. I think it did on the other side of town, but not at my house. I’m still put out that we didn’t have a real fall in my area. Not many trees turned (some are just now beginning to turn!) and it was so hot for most of October. Oh well, sometimes that’s simply the way things go. Now I’m all ready for Christmas, with my trees decorated, string lights and garland trimming my room. I love it!

Reading

I’ve had so much to read this month. At the beginning of the month, I finished Unblemished and read One Enchanted Christmas. I also read The Sound of Emeralds, the last book in the Steadfast Love series, and it was a good conclusion (review here). I started reading The Portrait of a Lady, but it might have to wait until I finish some of the other books I have going this month. Currently I’m reading Glamorous Illusions, which is good. Books I’m planning to read include Meghan M. Gorecki’s new Christmas novella, Wrapped in Red, which comes out Dec. 17, and a few books I have checked out from the library.

Writing

I’ve made quite a bit of progress on my sequel. For a while I was really scared that this book would be super short, but it’s starting to bulk up. It is going to be shorter than A Castle in the Sky, but not terribly so. It still doesn’t have a title, which really bugs me, but I have some ideas I’m tossing around to try and figure out for one. I’m also trying to get my end-of-the-year blog posts ready in hopes that I’ll meet my goal of 200 posts for the year.

So that’s life lately for this writer. Are all of you ready for the holidays? And for friends afar, have you had any snow yet?


-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. I adored Glamorous Illusions back when it was new although I've not read it as a reread. Also, love 'Enchanted' and like you, am eager to read Wrapped in Red. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of thiese books were good! Glad you liked them, too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts