Books Read in 2016



Hello, readers and friends! I cannot believe that 2016 is almost over. In some ways, it sort of dragged, but in others it really passed quickly. And I definitely read a lot of great books this year (along with a few I didn’t care for). Today, I’d thought I share my list with you all.

Throughout the year, I added each book I read to this list. Each book has a number beside it; that’s my personal rating each one. The rating system goes something like this;
1= Didn’t like it
2= It was okay
3= Liked it
4= I really liked it
5= I loved it

January
1: Celebrate! Tis The Season by Amber Florenza -4
2: The Heir by Kiera Cass -4
3: A Tangled Web by L.M. Montgomery -4
4: The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery -5
February
5: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott -5
March
6: Dear Mr. Knightley by Katherine Reay -4
7: Mrs. Sinclair's Suitcase by Louise Walters -2
8: Cinder by Marissa Meyer -4
9: Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen -4
April
10: Scarlet by Marissa Meyer -4
11: Cress by Marissa Meyer -5
12: A Singular and Whimsical Problem by Rachel McMillan -5
13: Bellflower by Amber Stokes -4
14: A Castle in the Sky by Miranda Atchley *
15: Fairest by Marissa Meyer -1
May
16: The Bachelor Girl's Guide to Murder by Rachel McMillan -5
17: Ain't We Got Fun by Emily Chapman and Emily Ann Putzke -4
June
18: Of Dubious and Questionable Memory by Rachel McMillan -5
19: Lizzy and Jane by Katherine Reay -3
20: Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery -5
21: Love and Friendship by Jane Austen -4
July
22: The Lost Heiress by Roseanne M. White -3
23: The Ghost of Briardale by Grace Mullins -5
24: Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee -5
25: To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han -3.5
26: The Ringmaster's Wife by Kristy Cambron -5
27: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel PieSociety by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows -5
28: Famous British Women Novelists by Nora Smaridge -4
August
29: The Sound of Diamonds by Rachelle Rea Cobb -4
30: For Elise by Hayden Wand -4
31: The Crown by Kiera Cass -4
32: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling -3
33: The Selection by Kiera Cass -4
34: The Elite by Kiera Cass -3
35: Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen -5
36: The One by Kiera Cass -3
37: The Selection Stories by Kiera Cass -3
September
38: A Lesson in Love and Murder by Rachel McMillan -5
39: On The Loose by Jenny B. Jones -4
40: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald -4
41: The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen -2
42: Forget Me Not by Amber Stokes -4
43: Spirits in Bondage by C.S. Lewis -4
October
44: Bleeding Heart by Amber Stokes -4
45: Close To You by Kara Isaac -4
47: Emma by Jane Austen -4
November
49: God's Will by Meghan M. Gorecki -4
50: The Sound of Silver by Rachelle Rea Cobb -4
51: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë -5
52: Lock, Stock, and Over a Barrel by Melody Carlson -3
December
53: Unblemished by Sara Ella -5
54: One Enchanted Christmas by Melissa Tagg -3
55: The Sound of Emeralds by Rachelle Rea Cobb -4
56: Glamorous Illusions by Lisa T. Bergren -4
57: Wrapped in Red by Meghan M. Gorecki -4
58: Emily's Quest by L.M. Montgomery -4
59: Austenland by Shannon Hale -1
60: America's First World War by Henry Castor -3

*I didn’t give this book a rating since I wrote it, but I did include it, because, seriously; I read it like, five times during the whole process. ;-)

Top Ten Books of 2016

I re-read some old favorites this year for online read-alongs. In this list, I decided not to include them since I had previously read them and already considered them favorites. Instead, I only included books I had read for the first time in 2016 and fell in love with.

1: The Blue Castle
2: Sense and Sensibility
3: Jane Eyre
4: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel
Pie Society
5: The Bachelor Girl's Guide to Murder
6: The Ringmaster's Wife
7: Bleeding Heart
8: A Tangled Web
9: The Great Gatsby
10: Cress

Comments

Popular Posts