Top Ten Tuesday: A Christmas Wish List



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

To some, my wish lists would probably seem pretty boring. When my birthday or Christmas rolls around, I usually just write out a list of books. Sometimes there might be an article of clothing or a movie tacked to the bottom, but the list is primarily comprised of book titles. Like I said, to some, it may seem pretty boring, but to me, it's very exciting. And with Christmas right around the corner, those sorts of things are on all of our minds. That’s why today’s post is extra fun. At the request of the ladies at The Broke and The Bookish, I bring you ten books I would love for Jolly Old St. Nick to bring to my house this Christmas.



10: The Red Door Inn by Liz Johnson
I’ve read a sample of this book on my Kindle and liked it so far. I mean, it is set in Prince Edward Island, after all.



9: Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
I love these Puffin "In Bloom" books. I'd like to own them all, but Alice in Wonderland is at the top of my list right now.



8: The Butterfly and The Violin by Kristy Cambron
One of my favorite books from 2016 was The Ringmaster's Wife. It has wonderful writing and the setting is marvelous. I'd really like to read the rest of Kristy Cambron's books, and The Butterfly and The Violin sounds interesting.



7: Can’t Help Falling by Kara Isaac
I don’t read much contemporary romance, but I did enjoy Close To You. Can’t Help Falling sounds even more interesting with its C.S. Lewis theme and English winter setting.

Need I explain?



5: Snobs by Julian Fellowes
I’m a huge Downton Abbey fan, and would love to read this book by its creator.



4: A Tangled Web by L.M. Montgomery
Eventually, I'd like to own paperbacks of all of L.M. Montgomery's books, because she’s my favorite. A Tangled Web wasn't my all-time favorite book by her, but I still really enjoyed it and would love to have a copy of the Sourcebooks edition.



3: Anne of Windy Poplars by L.M. Montgomery



2: Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery These are the only two books I need to complete my set of Anne of Green Gables in the Sourcebooks editions.



1: Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham
This beauty needs (needs!) to be on my shelf.

What books are filling your Christmas lists? Anything besides books that your heart desires this year?

Merry Christmas! I hope you all have a wonderful day.

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. I recently downloaded the 1st two unabridged audiobooks in the Anne of Green Gables novels to my Kindle from Audible. I look forward to listening to them in the new year. I hope you receive all the books on your wishlist.

    Here's my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/12/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-wouldnt.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a lot of fun! Hope you enjoy listening to AOGG and have a very merry Christmas! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts