First Line Fridays: On Love's Gentle Shore




Happy Friday, readers and friends! Since it’s the end of the week, it’s time for another Frist Line Fridays, hosted by Hoarding Books.
This week I’m reading On Love’s Gentle Shore. Here’s the first line.

She’d thought it was safe to come back to the island. She’d thought it was safe to come home.
She’d been wrong.

I really enjoy Liz Johnson’s Prince Edward Island Dreams series. PEI is at the top of my list of places I want to go to someday and this series gives a clear picture why. It just seems like such a beautiful, peaceful place.

So there’s the first line of my current read. What are you reading? What are some books with settings you’d like to visit someday?

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. The book I'm sharing on my blog is Unblemished by Sara Ella but I'm currently reading called The Road Home by Beverly Lewis. I shared the first line last week so I'll share the first line of chapter 22 where I am right now: " The next morning, after the four o'clock milking and a nice hot breakfast, Mimi suggested Harley take a lemon pound cake over to Abram Mast's for his birthday." Cake anyone? :P (I actually don't like lemon pound cake though lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll loved Unblemished! It was a great book. I've enjoyed all the books I've read by Beverly Lewis. (And like you, I'' not a huge fan of lemon pound cake. ;-)) Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday!😊

    My first lines come from a book I will be reading later this month, The Christmas Sisters by Sarah Morgan.

    There are good anniversaries, and bad anniversaries . This was a bad one and Suzanne chose to mark the moment with a nightmare.

    Have a great weekend and Happy Reading!😊📚💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read one of the books from this series, and it was so good! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed this series! Thank you for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  4. Interesting first line! I love Christmas books. :-) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts