A Bookish Tag



I saw this tag on Kara's blog. I thought it sounded like fun, so I decided to do the tag, too! If you'd like, feel free to answer the questions in this tag in the comment section.

A Bookish Tag

What book is on your nightstand right now?
1984, The Grapes of Wrath

What was the last truly great book you read?
I really enjoyed A Lesson in Love and Murder, and The Ringmaster's Wife. I also loved The Blue Castle. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society was a good read, too.

If you could meet any writer, dead or alive, who would it be? And what would you want to know?
I'd love to meet L.M. Montgomery and Louisa May Alcott, because those two are my favorites. C.S. Lewis is also a favorite, and I would love to meet him, because I just have feeling that he was a comforting presence to be around, sort of like a grandfather, you know? Does that sound weird?

What books might someone be surprised are on your shelf?
I'm not really sure. I read a pretty wide variety of books, and I think most people that know me realize that. Maybe A Million Little Pieces? That's not something I typically read, and I haven't read it yet. (I got it at the library's book sale for $1.)

How do you organize your personal library?
By the author's last name. I would lose my mind if I were to store my books any other way.

What book have you always meant to read and haven't gotten around to yet? Anything you feel embarrassed never to have read?
Jane Eyre. One day, I will finally read this book.

Disappointed, overrated, just not good: which book did you feel you were supposed to like, but didn't? Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing?
Mrs. Sinclair's Suitcase was pretty disappointing. The plot sounded like a neat idea, but it got lost behind bad characters and way too much unnecessary cursing. The Sugar Queen also sort of disappointed me. I didn't like the cursing here and there and the heavy romance moments. I did like Josey and Adam, though, so I skipped over the parts I didn't like to see what would happen to them. I also like the magical surrealism and the winter setting.

What kind of stories are you drawn to? Any you steer clear of?
I love historical fiction and the classics. More specifically, books about strong characters that defy the odds. Those are the books that really stick with me. I steer clear of any book that is just too sad, or any romance that's too hot and heavy.

What book would you require the president to read?
To Kill A Mockingbird comes to mind. It's a book that definitely makes people think. The Bible is always great for the president, too.

What do you plan to read next?
I plan to read Emma when Amber hosts the read-along for it.

Thanks for stopping by today, readers and friends. Have a great weekend.

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. I, too, haven't read Jane Eyre yet! I fail!

    I also feel like I read suuuch a wide range of books, as well. I think people would be shocked to see how much nonfiction I read, especially about politics and history and things like that.

    Hmm, I might do this tag, haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts