Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Television Shows









Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic is a little tricky. This week, we were asked to list ten television shows. I like to watch T.V. but there just aren't a whole lot of shows that I really get involved in. I have a few favorites, and some that I only watch from time to time. But, since most of my favorite shows have been canceled, I'd love to find some new ones to watch. If any of you have suggestions, please, leave them in the comments! I'd love to hear what shows you all love/recommend.



8: The Mary Tyler Moore Show
This was one of my mom's favorite shows when she was a teenager. We started watching it again recently, and I like it, too.


7: Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries
I'm fairly new to this show and have only watched a handful of episodes. I've passed on some of the more gruesome episodes, but I like the show most of the time. I love the setting (1920s Australia) and the protagonist Phryne Fisher.



6: Sabrina The Teenage Witch
This show is just lighthearted fun. I remember watching it when I was little, and I had a Sabrina Barbie doll that came with a little plastic Salem with glowing eyes. I still like to watch it when I see reruns of it on television.


5: The King of Queens
This show is pretty silly and good for a laugh. Arthur is my favorite part of the show. He says the most random things.



4: 3rd Rock From the Sun
I know this show isn't everyone's cup of tea, but it makes me laugh. It aired from 1996-2001 and is about a group of aliens who come to Earth disguised as a human family in order to study Earth.


3: The Big Bang Theory
Sheldon Cooper. Enough said. Wait, no.
*Knock, Knock* Penny!
*Knock, Knock* Penny!
*Knock, Knock* Penny!
Who doesn't love The Big Bang Theory? It's just funny.

2: Gilmore Girls
I've mentioned this show many times here on my blog. It's one of my all-time favorites. It's funny, quirky, and comforting. Oy with the poodles, already.


1: Downton Abbey
The costumes, the castle (!!!), the drama, the Edwardian era, the English setting....*Sigh* What's not to love about Downton Abbey?

So there you have it; eight of my favorite television shows. Thanks for stopping by today, readers and friends. And if you're new to my blog, welcome! Feel free to introduce yourself in the comments.


-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. I can't believe I forgot to add King of Queens on my list!! I LOVE THAT SHOW! Great Top Ten :D My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great show, Giovanna! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Psych! I love that show! I just finished watching all of the seasons again. I miss Gus and Sean! I don't watch many shows on TV really, but I do like some of the reality ones like America's Got Talent, The Voice, Ninja Warrior. As far as any of the silly comedies on anymore I'm just not a fan. So let's see here would be my top 10 newer and older ones: Psych, Bones, Downton Abbey, Remington Steele, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, The Big Bang Theory, The Pretender, America's Got Talent, The Voice, Ninja Warrior. The majority of those I don't watch on TV, I have the DVD's because I hate waiting for the next week!!! I like your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! You have great taste! I'll have to look into Psych sometime. Hope you're having a great week! :)

      Delete
  3. Gilmore Girls is a classic. :) Also, 'Miss Fisher'? Yeah, I was addicted to that from the opening episode. SO. Good. Here's hoping we get a film to wrap it up if nothing else. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gilmore Girls is definitely a classic. :) And a Miss Fisher movie would be swell!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts