Lately 9.15.2016



Happy September, readers and friends! I know it's been September for a while, but still.... We've had a few days that felt like fall here in Arkansas, though summer is still hanging on for now. At least we've had some nice, cool breezes that get us through and remind us that autumn isn't too far off now.

Today I thought I'd pop in write a little bit about what I've been writing, reading and watching lately.

Writing

Still working on a sequel to A Castle in the Sky. Actually, this is a different book. Originally, I had started a novel that takes place three years, in 1919, after A Castle in the Sky ended. But one day it hit me that I needed to have a separate novel in between the two. So, I've started a new sequel that picks up a few months, at the beginning of 1917, after A Castle in the Sky left off in the fall of 1916. The other book has been put on hold for now, though I'll get back to it when I've finished this book. Is that confusing? Sorry, haha. Neither have titles yet, but I'm hoping that I can get this book out in December, and the next book out in the spring of 2017.

I've also been working on a new monthly feature for the blog. It requires a lot of research, but it's fun. I'm looking forward to sharing it with you all later in the month.

Reading

I'd been looking forward to Rachel McMillan's latest release, A Lesson in Love and Murder, all summer. It came out on September 1 and I loved it. You can read my review here. My reading momentum has slowed down a bit, but I'm hoping to get into some of the books I have right now.

The sequel to A Castle in the Sky deals quite a bit with the suffragette movement, and so I wanted to read about a real suffragette. I downloaded a book on my Kindle about Susan B. Anthony. If any of you have more suggestions for books about the suffragette movement, particularly in the Edwardian era, please, leave them in the comments! I'd love to hear what you think.

Watching

We have Dish at our house, and as you others that use Dish know, we were without CBS for the summer. We finally got it back on September 3, and I'm pretty glad. I never really considered that I might miss it, but I did. I'm looking forward to the 10th season of The Big Bang Theory, as well as some of the new shows that are premiering this fall. Recently I purchased the film adaptation of I Capture the Castle. I'd never seen it before. It didn't quite live up to my expectations; I didn't really like movie Topaz and I don't like that they made her a nudist, especially since she wasn't one in the book. I think they focused too much on the sensuous aspects of the book and made them bigger than they were in the book. But, despite those things, I still like the movie; I just fast-forward through the parts I don't like.

I hope September is treating you well, readers and friends. Thanks for stopping by today.


-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. It always surprises me how much I enjoy I Capture the Castle. I don't know what it is about the film, but I do find it's quirky attitude endearing - or maybe I just love the cast. :) Either way, I've not read the book, so I judge this one as a film, which is sometimes ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Rissi. There's just something about that makes it likeable. L)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts