Top Ten Tuesday: Fall TBR



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

The TBR, or to-be-read, list grows every day, doesn't it? Let's face facts; we'll be adding new books to our stacks for the rest of our lives. And I am okay with that. I will never run out of things to read. Fall, for so many reasons, is the perfect season. One of such reason is those days when you can curl up in front of a window with a good book and warm cup of tea as the rain falls from a cloudy grey sky. Those are some of the best days. Here are some books I would love to read on a rainy day this fall.



10: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Forever on my TBR.



9: Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
This book has sat on my shelf un-read for an embarrassingly long time.



8: Dracula by Bram Stoker
Last year I read Frankenstein during October, and I think I'd like to at least try reading Dracula for the sake of Halloween.

7: David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
I bought a copy of this at a used bookstore a few months ago and would like to start reading it soon.



6: The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
I've been meaning to read this book forever. I've started reading it before, but it's gotten pushed aside because of other books. Fall seems like a nice time to read this book and so maybe this will be the season I finally read it.



5: Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
I have the free public domain copy of this on my Kindle. Hopefully I can get to it this fall.

4: Sherlock Holmes: The Complete Collection by Arthur Conan Doyle
I've never read any of the Sherlock Holmes mysteries, but Rachel McMillan's Herringford and Watts Mysteries has made me want to. I downloaded this collection on my Kindle, so I'm looking forward to reading it.



3: The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
I've checked this book out from the library in my quest to read the classics. Hopefully I can read this one this fall.



2: Bleeding Heart by Amber Stokes
I just finished reading Forget Me Not over the weekend and it is a really good story. I really want to read Bleeding Heart this fall.



1: Emma by Jane Austen
This was on my Spring TBR, and I still haven't read it. But, Amber is hosting a read-along of it, so I'm finally going to read it!

Thanks for stopping by today. What books are on your TBR this fall?

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. I love how the classics have made your list of books to read this Fall!! I read Dracula years ago and loved it!!

    Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment on my TTT post this week!! Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The classics are my favorites! :) Thank you so much for stopping by, and happy reading to you, too!

      Delete
  2. Jane Eyre is the PERFECT fall book. In fact, I think I read it for the first time during a rainy fall weekend. Emma is also brilliant and I feel like I should reread it soon because it has been a while since I last read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like the perfect time to read Jane Eyre. :) If you're interested in re-reading Emma in a group, you should definitely check out the read-along Amber is hosting on seasonsofhumility.blogspot.com !

      Delete
  3. Jane Eyre and Dracula are great reads! Dracula was one of those rare classics I read in college that made me want to keep turning pages. :) I love the style/format of the book too!

    Thanks SO much for reading Forget Me Not and wanting to read Bleeding Heart! ♥ I hope you'll enjoy it! I confess that Bleeding Heart is probably the stronger story of the two. :) But I'm glad you'll be acquainted with most of the characters coming into the story!

    And yay for Emma! I'm happy you'll be joining the read-along, and I'm thrilled you're excited. :)

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Amber! I'm glad to hear your enjoyed those books. I really did enjoy Forget Me Not and am looking forward to reading Bleeding Heart. :) And so excited to read Emma in a group and see what everyone thinks of it!

      Delete
  4. I made an all-time top 10 on my TBR a few weeks ago and put Anna Karenina on it too. I have a big, daunting, copy on my shelf. Maybe a Kindle version would be better.
    Great to meet another writer. I'm going to check out your book. I published my first story collection earlier this year too. If you'd like to see more, I'm on Amazon at amazon.com/author/wrightkarenm
    My fall TBR at https://runwright.net/2016/09/27/fall-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to meet another writer, too! I hope you enjoy A Castle in The Sky and I will have to look into your book, as well. Thank you so much for stopping by today! :)

      Delete
  5. Great list of books Miranda! I love Jane Eyre! It is among my favorite classics for sure. I also love the film adaptations. Especially the one with George C. Scott and the one with Timothy Dalton. I love all of Amber's books! I've read Emma before, but am looking forward to reading it with the group and discussing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Julie! I have a Jane Eyre movie, but I can't remember any of the actor's names. It's an old one, I know. Can't wait to read your thoughts on Emma! :)

      Delete
  6. I forgot to add Dracula to my list! I'm suppose to be reading it with my sister this season! Good Luck with all of these books :D My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Giovanna! I hope you and your sister have fun reading Dracula. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts