Book of the Week #58 "The Elite"



by Kiera Cass

The Selection has been narrowed down to the Elite. Six women remain in the competition to become the wife of Prince Maxon, future ruler of Illéa. America is almost sure that she wants to marry Maxon, until her former boyfriend, Aspen, arrives at the palace as a royal guard. After spending so much time trying to forget, seeing him at the palace brings back the feelings she had for over two years. When America's best friend Marlee is caned for treason after being caught with a palace guard, America realizes just how dangerous her relationship with Aspen could be. The incident also changes her feelings for Maxon. Now that the contest is down to the Elite and America finds herself without her best friend, she begins to see that the competition of the Selection isn't quite as friendly as she had thought.

I'll admit that America kind of got on my nerves just a little bit in this book. It was kind of annoying that she kept going back and forth between Maxon and Aspen. And Aspen definitely got on my nerves. He's too pushy. Maxon got on my nerves toward the end, too. Everyone was getting on my nerves in this book! Haha. But I did like seeing America stand up for what she believed in no matter the consequences.

All in all The Elite may not have been my favorite book in The Selection series, though I still liked certain parts about it.

I give this book a 3 out 5.

Comments

  1. Great review! I too got frustrated in this one, but still enjoyed it. I gave it 5 hearts in my review: http://myfavoritepastime.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-elite-by-kiera-cass.html but I do remember being frustrated with the back and forth and the continued wondering who Maxon would pick. I do have some cover love for these books though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! I'm glad you like this series. I love the covers, too. I think my two favorites are The One, and The Crown.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoy this series... because it's an easy "guilty pleasure" kind of read for me. I've read (most of the) novellas, The Selection, and The Elite. Someday I'll finish it though I'm nervous about the new novels since fans aren't as warm about the heroine. Time will tell. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely a guilty pleasure, and very quick reading. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts