First Line Fridays: The Girl in the Gatehouse





Happy Friday readers and friends! Also, farewell to March? Posing that as a question because, how can it already be the end of March!? Time really does fly. Anyway, seeing as its Friday, it’s time for another edition of First Line Fridays, hosted by Hoarding Books.

My current read is The Girl in the Gatehouse. It’s one of Julie Klassen’s older books that I’ve just started reading this week. Here’s the first line.

“The end of the only life I’ve known,” thought Mariah Aubrey, looking back through the carriage window at the shrinking figures of her mother and sister.

I really like Julie Klassen’s writings. Really, what self-proclaimed Austenite wouldn’t be a fan of Julie Klassen? And honestly, even if you haven’t read Jane Austen’s books, there’s still enjoyment to be had whilst reading a Klassen novel. This makes the fifth novel I’ve read by her and I’ve enjoyed it thus far. I like the author theme and love that the heroine lives in a gatehouse.

Not it’s your turn. What’s the first line of your current read? And who are some authors that you go to feeling certain you’ll enjoy their books?

Have a great weekend, friends. Happy Easter!

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. That was the first book I read by Klassen. I loved it. Here's a line form another Regency -- From The Weaver's Daughter by Sarah E. Ladd, "Alarm's menacing sting pricked Kate Dearborn's consciousness and hurried her steps." Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the book, too! I need to try Ladd's books sometime. Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  2. I've had this book on my kindle for the longest time! Maybe it's about time I shift it up in the #TBR mountain :)
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great read, Trisha. I highly recommend it! And I know all about that #TBRmountain! LOL! Thanks for stopping by today! :-)

      Delete
  3. I have read a lot of Julie's books...but haven'te made it to this one yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my favorite books by Julie Klassen. I can't wait to read more of her novels! Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts