Top Ten Tuesday: Books Abroad




Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

Today’s Topic: Books That Take Place in Other Countries

I’ll admit; today’s topic was a little tricky for me. I read a lot of novels set in a country that I do not live in. I’d even venture to say that the majority of what I read takes place outside of the U.S. The problem is that my library is overwhelmingly dominated by England. I love reading about England; some of my favorite novels take place there, and it just sounds like a nice place. Yet, when it came to compiling this list, I didn’t want to feature just one country. So, I decided to feature ten different countries and choose a book for each one. In turn, I wound up listing some books I don’t typically feature in my Top Ten Tuesday posts.



China
The Lunar Chronicles are fun reads. Super-fast paced, with a lot going on.



Scotland
This was a good Christmas story. I love the setting, Victorian Scotland, as well as the story of grace and forgiveness.




New Zealand
This was a nice light book. Not my typical read, but a quick read for when I’m in a rut. I really enjoyed the setting. New Zealand sounds like a beautiful place.





Belgium
While this isn’t my favorite book by Charlotte Brontë, I still enjoyed it.




Monaco
While a great deal of this novel does take place in England, it begins in Monaco, which sounds like a pretty place.




Italy
This wasn’t my favorite Katherine Reay novel, but I did like it and the setting sounds so beautiful.





Austria
This book is heartbreaking, but it is so good.





France
I was taken by surprised when while I wrote this list I learned how little I’ve read about France, considering it’s one of the top countries I want to visit someday. When it came to choosing a book set in France, this one stood out in my mind. I enjoyed this book when I read it in 2016, and I adore the cover.



Canada
Bet you thought I was going to list an L.M. Montgomery book for Canada, didn’t you? Well, I was. Haha! But since I’ve mentioned her novels hundreds of times on my blog, I wanted to feature another lovely read that takes place on Prince Edward Island. This book totally makes me want to vacation on the beautiful Canadian island.




England
I enjoyed this book more than I had anticipated I would. I love the cozy, small village setting.

What are some of your favorite books that take place in other countries? I’d love to hear about them.

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. Love your list this week!!

    Here's a link to my TTT ;post for the week:
    https://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/03/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-take-place.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you challenged yourself! Lisa Bergren's "Glamorous Illusions" series made my list too. :D And you featured some books from my TBR I need to read, like Close to You and The Lost Heiress. :) Great list!

    ~ Amber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved Lisa Bergen's series (still need to read book #3). And I think you will really enjoy Close To You and The Lost Heiress! :-) Thanks for stopping by, Amber!

      Delete
  3. Love the books you have on your list! I love Cinder (and the whole rest of the Lunar Chronicles series.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is basically a list of countries I want to visit someday. Great choices!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts