NaNoWriMo 2015 Update #2


It's now week two of NaNoWriMo. It's becoming harder as I reach the middle of the book, what a lot of writers like to call "middle muddle." Though the story line becomes more exciting toward the middle as things start changing for the main character and that is fun to write about. One of my main issues is trying to keep up with all the accuracies, especially considering this story takes place almost a hundred years before I was even born and the main character comes from a very different background than I do. Yet we have quite a few similarities, so that helps to keep things in balance as well as keeps me from losing my mind.

I hit the 10,000 word mark Friday and that was exciting. I don't know when I've ever written that many words in one week on a single project before!

I swear, coming up with names is so hard for me! It's probably my least favorite part of the entire process and the thing that gives me the most trouble. It's especially hard to come up with names for main characters because I want to pick the exact right one since people will remember them the most and I type them so much. Though I know there are websites for baby names, there should totally be a website for naming characters, too. One where you can type in what your character looks like, the period the book takes place in, the character's personality, etc... That way you could find a name that really fits your character. It's the same thing with the title. I very seriously doubt this book will officially be title "A Castle In The Sky", I just picked that because I had to pick something and I think that sounds really pretty (I heard dreams called "a castle in the sky" once and since then I've always wanted to title a book that. It will have its moment eventually, just most likely not now.)

So that's my NaNoWriMo update for this week. I hope you enjoyed reading. Thanks for stopping by!


-Miranda Atchley

Comments

Popular Posts