NaNoWrioMo 2015 Update #1


As I type this, we're four days in on the 2015 NaNoWriMo challenge. It's coming along better than I was expecting. 1,667 words per sounded so scary at first and I still find myself intimidated by that number at times, but I have reached the goal each day so far. Prayers that this momentum holds up are greatly appreciated.

This NaNoWriMo holds a lot of first for me. It's the first historical story I've ever written. It's the first time I've attempted to write a 50,000 word novel. It's the first time I've ever outlined (even though I've only outlined a few chapters) before writing. And though in the past I started a few stories that were written in third person, this writing style is unusual for me. But it is so fun. I really am enjoying
writing this story though at time it can be a little challenging.

If you would like to read the first chapter of this novel, you can do so on my NaNoWriMo page. Keep in mind that this is a very rough draft and editing won't take place until December (NaNoWriMo rules). So that means things might not sound quite the way I want them to and there may be a few missing words, etc... But you'll get the gist. Hope you enjoy!

Okay, gotta go. Still got around 1,000 words to go for today (I'm trying get a little bit ahead) and Wednesdays are always busy for me because of mid-week church services. See you guys later!
Thanks for reading.

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

Popular Posts