November in Review



Another month is gone, readers and friends. It's so hard to believe that there is only one month left in 2016! It’s just amazing.

I didn't read as much as I would have liked to this month. One of the books I read was longer and had bulkier language, so I'm using that as my excuse, plus I worked more on my novel, which took up some of my reading time. Yet I still got in an okay number of books with hopes to read more in December.

Books Read in November
God's Will by Meghan Gorecki
The Sound of Silver by Rachelle Rea Cobb
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë

After planning to read it forever and listing it on almost every Top Ten Tuesday TBR post I’ve done, I finally read Jane Eyre. Let me tell you, it was worth the wait. It’s a new favorite, for sure. After reading The Sound of Diamonds, I really wanted to know how Dirk and Gwyn’s story would continue. I really liked The Sound of Silver, and am looking forward to The Sound of Emeralds. I finally read Meghan’s debut after wanting to for a long time, and it was a good book. I’d definitely recommend it to readers that love inspirational fiction. Lock, Stock, and Over a Barrel isn’t my typical read, but it was a nice lighthearted read.

Again, I didn't get quite as much blogging done as I would have liked, but I made progress, and am getting oh-so-close to my goal of 200 posts for the year.

Favorite Blog Posts in November

I want to thank you all for reading A Real Writer’s Life another month. I appreciate it so, and am looking forward to many more months of writing this blog.

-Miranda Atchley

Comments

  1. I'm so so glad you enjoyed Jane Eyre! Definitely on my favorites list. I really liked all of the books in the Dear Daphne series and especially enjoyed Lock, Stock and Over a Barrel. Are you going to try others or are you stopping with that one? I had to find out if Daphne ever found herself a man :) I read 6 books this month. I'm surprised because I have been way behind in my reading. My Goodreads goal was to read 100 books this year and I am only up to 72. I don't think I'm going to make my goal. I don't count all of the children's books I read to my grands though so I guess I shouldn't feel too bad :) I love your month in review posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie! So glad to hear you enjoy reading this posts. :) Jane Eyre was a great book! Definitely worth the wait. I do plan on reading the rest of the Dear Daphne novels, soon. I have a ton to read this month, so maybe in January I can get to book #2. I think I know she'll end up with, but one never can be sure. Wow, you're beating me! I think I'm close to 50 for the year. I didn't set a goal because I knew I wanted to read more classics, and those take more time. I'm ambitious enough to tackle 100 for the year! Lol! Thanks for stopping by today!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts