Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Books I'd Like to Read in a Group



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

This week, our Top Ten Tuesday topic is book club. I've never been a part of a book club, but I've always wanted to. It seems like a lot of fun; reading books, discussing them with others, and making friends with people who like similar books. Even though I've never been part of a book club in person, I have participated in online read-alongs, and that is fun. If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, then you'll know that I love the classics. Classic novels are perfect for book club; the offer a lot for discussion. Today I've listed ten classic books I'd like to read in book club if I were in one.

10: War And Peace by Leo Tolstoy
You can't get anymore classic than War and Peace. It would probably be a good book to read in a group.




9: The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte






8: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Schaffer and Annie Barrows
I read this book during the summer and I loved it. Someday I wouldn't mind re-reading it in a book club. Reading a book about a book club in a book club? That sounds like fun!



7: Moby Dick by Herman Melville
One of the most classic novels on Earth, Moby Dick has been on my to-be-read list for a long time. It'd probably be great book to discuss with others.



6: The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
I started reading this book, but got distracted with other books. But, I did think it seemed like a good book, and hopefully, I can pick it back up.



5: Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
Another great classic that would be perfect for book club.




4: David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
This is the next Charles Dickens novel on my list. I think it would be a neat book to read in a group.



3: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
I'm finally going to attempt to read Jane Eyre this month after saying I was going to forever. Even though I'm reading it on my own, I still think it'd be a good book to read in book club.



2: The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Hobbit has been on my to-be-read list forever. It would be so fun to read in a group; perhaps with hobbit themed discussion nights?



1: Mansfield Park by Jane Austen

I'm getting pretty close to having read all of Jane Austen's novels. I like reading them as part of a group and discussing them. I'd love to do a Mansfield Park read-along someday.

Comments

  1. I'd like to work my way through these with a group. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIKES I've read War and Peace, and I definitely couldn't have finished it in time for a monthly book club meeting. Same with Moby Dick. I read a bit too slowly for mammoth books like those! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely see where you're coming from. Those are big books. They'd probably need to be extended to two months if they were read in book club!

      Delete
  3. War and Peace scares me, but I do REALLY like the recent BBC miniseries. I like that you went with classic literature, Miranda. I'd need that extra encouragement (reading in a group) to read this genre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to watch that sometime, especially since Lily James is in it. Reading classics in a group always helps me. Thanks for stopping by, Rissi!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts