A Marvelous WWI Era Novel and A New Favorite | Review: A Name Unknown by Roseanna M. White



by Roseanna M. White

About The Book

Rosemary Gresham has no family beyond the band of former urchins who helped her survive as a girl in the mean streets of London. Grown now, they are no longer pickpockets-­­ instead they focus on high value items and have learned how to blend into upper-class society. Rosemary is beginning to question whether she can continue in this life when she’s offered the challenge of a life time- determine whether a certain wealthy gentleman is loyal to Britain or Germany. After all how does one still a family’s history, their very name?

As Europe moves ever closer to World War I, rumors swirl around Peter Holstein. Awkward and solitary but with access to the king, many fear his influence. But Peter can’t help his German last name and wants to prove his loyalty to the Crown- so he can go back to anonymously writing a series of popular adventure novels. When Rosemary shows up on his doorstep pretending to be a well-credentialed historian, Peter believes she’s the right person to help him dig through his family’s past.

When danger and suspicion continue to mount, both realize they’re in a race against time to discover the truth- about Peter’s past and about the undeniable attraction kindling between them.

My Thoughts

I really loved this book. It was just one of those books that I never want to end. I love the setting; the 1910s is my favorite time period. I loved the dual place settings between London and Cornwall. Everything in Cornwall sounded so beautiful. But the characters were the best part of the book. I loved Rosemary; she was the definition of a spitfire. I won’t give away any spoilers, but I was so happy for her and the decisions she made toward the end of the book. And Peter was a great hero. He was a nice guy through and through and I really liked reading about his writing process. The supporting cast of characters was great, too.

Throughout the book, there are elements of mystery that really keep you guessing until the end. And I love the messages of faith and hope portrayed throughout the book. It all made for a book that I consider a new favorite.

A Name Unknown was a wonderful book. Fans of Christian historical fiction will not want to miss this book! I can’t wait to read A Song Unheard!


I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.

Comments

Popular Posts