Mansfield Park Read-Along Conclusion



It’s the final week of the Mansfield Park Read- Along. Can you believe it? It’s been fun reading the book and discussing it with you guys. Thanks so much to Amber for hosting it!

General Impressions

And Edmund finally comes to his senses. Too bad he didn’t do so sooner. Even though I’m glad that he did marry Fanny, I have to admit that the whole thing seems rather… abrupt.

Discussion Questions

Which character’s growth or consequences brought you (as described in the last chapter) brought you the most satisfaction?
I would probably say Edmund. I’m glad that he was finally able to see that Mary Crawford was not a good match for him and that Fanny was, though the way it happened was

And so we close the book on the Mansfield Park Read-Along. It’s been great fun! I can’t wait for the next one.

-Miranda Atchley



Comments

  1. "Abrupt" is definitely a good way to describe Fanny and Edmund's finally getting together. I felt like their relationship happened off the pages and that was kind of disappointing. Yes, I too was glad that Edmund finally saw Miss Crawford for who she really was, but good gravy! how dense is the man that it took so long?! And as a clergyman he is going to have to develop a bit more discernment, or at least now he has Fanny to consult! As always Miranda it has been fun reading a book with you! Looking forward to our next read-along!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edmund definitely needs to become better at discernment, Julie. And like you, I think Fanny will help him along the way. It was so much fun reading this book with you guys and I can't wait for the next read-along! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you and Julie: "abrupt" is a great way to put it! It was a nice ending for Fanny, but like Julie said, it was a bit disappointing not to be able to enjoy the lead-up more to her happily-ever-after.

    Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on the book! I always appreciate you and Julie jumping in to the read-alongs with excitement and thoughtfulness! :) Hugs!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts