Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I Wanted To Read in 2017



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

So we all know that every year thousands of books are published. Many of those books catch our attention and we add them to our to-be-read lists. Yet sometimes, we just can’t get to them when we’d like to. Today we’re dealing with just that subject. For this Top Ten Tuesday, we’re listing ten books that we wanted to read in 2017, but just didn’t get to. And without further ado, here’s my list.



10: Jane of Austin
I’ve heard mostly good things about this book. It’s a modern take on Sense and Sensibility, which is one of my favorite books, so I’d like to read it sometime.



9: Maud
L.M. Montgomery is my favorite author. I would love to read this novel based on her teen years sometime.




8: The Dishonorable Miss DeLancey
I really liked the first two books in The Regency Brides. They’re good regency romances. Looking forward to seeing how the series wraps up.



7: Behind The Scenes
I read the prelude to the Apart From The Crowd series, At Your Request, and really enjoyed it. I hope to read the novels someday.




6: Anon, Sir, Anon
I don’t think this book was released last year, but after reading Heffington’s Fly Away Home last year, I added this historical mystery to my want-to-read list. Unfortunately, I didn’t get around to reading it last year, but I do have it on my Kindle and am looking forward to reading it this year.



5: A Dangerous Legacy
This book has been everyone online lately! It seems like a really interesting read.



4: The Valley of Fear
Obviously, this book was not published in 2017. I started reading the Sherlock Holmes mysteries last year, and this is the next one up for me.



3: A Heart Most Certain
I just downloaded this book and it seems like it will be a great read. Can’t wait to read it!




2: As Time Goes By
I loved the first book in The Mulligan Sisters series. It’s a really great WWII novel that I’m pretty sure is my favorite by Melody Carlson. I’m really looking forward to revisiting the series.



1: A Name Unknown
This book sounds really interesting. It’s set during the Edwardian era which is my favorite. I can’t wait to read it someday.

So how about you, readers and friends? Were there any books you really wanted to read last year, but just didn’t get a chance to? Tell me about them in the comments!

-Miranda Atchley


Comments

  1. Nice list of books!! I hope you read them all in 2018!!

    Here's my TTT post for this week:
    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/01/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-meant-to.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you get to all the books on your list this year, too! :-)

      Delete
  2. I haven't even heard of most of these, but A NAME UNKNOWN is one I definitely want to read. I'll have to check out the other historical fiction books you listed. The covers are lovely.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't A Name Unknown sound amazing? I'm glad you found some new books to read on this list! Thank you so much for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  3. Thank you! I hope the same for you, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you've enjoyed your visit. Leave a comment if you'd like; I love hearing from readers!

Popular Posts