14 Days of Halloween- Coraline


Coraline
After she and her parents have moved into The Pink Palace, Coraline finds herself bored. Her parents tell her to explore, go visit their eccentric neighbors, anything to keep her out of their hair. As she explores the house, she finds a door which leads to a world where everything is the opposite. Things seem like fun at first, but quickly take a turn for the worse.

Rating: PG
Cast:
Coraline Jones- Dakota Fanning
Mel Jones/Other Mother- Teri Hatcher
Charlie Jones/Other Father- John Hodgman
Wybie- Robert Bailey Jr.
Miss April Spink-  Jennifer Saunders
Miss Miriam Forcible- Dawn French
Mr. Bobinski-  Ian McShane

I don't remember a whole lot about this movie coming out. I remember being intrigued, but I don't think it was advertised a ton. I suppose it wasn't expected to do so well. Though it has developed somewhat of a cult following over the years, I guess you could say. Despite popular believe, this movie was not directed by Tim Burton. In fact, he had nothing to do with the film. A few people that worked on The Nightmare Before Christmas did work on Coraline, though.

I think this is a really fun movie. It's a pretty typical movie that I would enjoy: imaginative, quirky, full of fantasy with a dash of Sci-Fi. I like that they kept the movie close to the book. The plot of the movie really does stick with the storyline of the book.

Coraline is the perfect movie for the Halloween season with the old Victorian house, eccentric neighbors, creepy other mothers with button eyes, and ghost children. I really enjoy this movie.
I give Coraline a 5 out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts